What would you consider a success?

KoB2011

58 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Yes and Lander counts in every recruiting class for the next 5 years.....:coffee:

Never said he would count towards multiple classes but to say we did not get a top player from the 21 class is not correct.  When all the hype started for this class Lander was the top prospect so we did get the top player in the 21 class just a year early.  Also Lander and the rest of the freshman class will still be classified as freshman's next year.  So actually our freshman class for 2021 will be Lander, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo and Duncomb and to me that is a pretty good class.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Let's be real... We would have a few fans that would somehow say it was bad if that happened because it would buy Archie a very long rope. 

To me one of the most idiotic comments I ever saw on a message board was saying going to the 2002 championship game was a bad thing.  To me it is never a bad thing to be in the championship game and anyone saying it should be ashamed of themselves.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me one of the most idiotic comments I ever saw on a message board was saying going to the 2002 championship game was a bad thing.  To me it is never a bad thing to be in the championship game and anyone saying it should be ashamed of themselves.

Have you checked out the box for that game?  34% shooting.  16 turnovers.  Outrebounded by 11.  2-7 from the free throw line.  That game set the program back 18 years.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Have you checked out the box for that game?  34% shooting.  16 turnovers.  Outrebounded by 11.  2-7 from the free throw line.  That game set the program back 18 years.  

Rather be in that game and play bad and not be there at all.  With all of that we had the lead with less than 10 minutes to go.  There have been many good programs that has never been to the final four so  why anyone would complain about there.

Beat OSU and look forward to the next game. Simple. We can all hope and dream. I have come full circle. I sat in the front row with my 8 yr old daughter in Washington DC watching Creans team fall apart when we should have competed for the NC. Let’s start building again. We have a strong young core. Guys are competing each game. Let’s get behind them and the coach.
Go IU.  

Again if you are looking at successes for this season and beyond we are one of few teams without a “pause” in our season due to Covid within the team. That takes a lot of discipline which many including myself question about this team and maybe we should not. Several “blue blood “ teams have used it as an excuse all year despite yearly and recruiting success but now have losses which they can’t defend. 

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

We are currently sitting at 11-8, (6-6) with 6 regular season games to play. What needs to happen for you to consider this season a success? 

To clarify, I'm not talking big picture what you consider a successful season, but more so given all the factors we've had to deal with this season, where we are to this point, and knowing where we have been in the past few seasons, what do you need to see to feel good about the direction we are heading as a program?

For me, the floor would be to make the tournament. I think that would require 2-4 and a BTT win. But to feel really good about the momentum we take into next season, I'd like to see us go 3-3 and win at least 1 game in the BTT and the NCAAT. 

What about you? 

I’m confused they rescheduled the mich st. And mich games so 6 plus 6 is 12 and 20-12= 8. So we should have 8 games left not 6.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Never said he would count towards multiple classes but to say we did not get a top player from the 21 class is not correct.  When all the hype started for this class Lander was the top prospect so we did get the top player in the 21 class just a year early.  Also Lander and the rest of the freshman class will still be classified as freshman's next year.  So actually our freshman class for 2021 will be Lander, Leal, Galloway, Geronimo and Duncomb and to me that is a pretty good class.

Also I love that we are getting two more years of Race because I don’t see him going pro after next year. So that means 6 years of Race at IU since he redshirted then  that means it will be third year for the freshman now and second year for Duncomb plus Stewart will be an old senior like Race too. I really hope we stick with Archie because In two years I think we are realllllyyy scary 

For me there a few ways the year can be a success this season. Find a way to be top 5 in conference. Not likely looking at remaining schedules of teams above us. So that leaves the tournaments. Winning the Big Ten Tournament would make for a successful year. If not, then make the second weekend of the NCAA’s. Do one of those 3 scenarios and that shows we are on the right track going into next year with some momentum. Miss the dance all together and it’s over IMO. 

Assembly Call podcast on Thursday said it best, last season is a tack on season. If we make the NCAA’s then we say that we made it the last 2 season. If we miss this season, then we have missed it every year Archie has been here. Making the dance is a big deal this year from an optics standpoint. 

A National Championship within the next few years would help balm my wounds from watching IU basketball over the last 2 decades.  Constantly competing for the top of the B1G each and every year and decent runs routinely in the NCAAT are the goals.  Watching these young men favorably represent Indiana University is cool.

Beating OSU today would set up the run to the finish this season.  Winning 3 of 3 in regular season and winning at least 1 game in the BT would barely relieve me...winning 2 in the NCAAT would be great this year.  

28 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Let's be serious with how this fan base works. if this team pulls off a win today expectations shoot through the roof there will be people talking final four. Y'all know how this works.

Somebody cue a sunshine pumper for me please

I'm probably as guilty as anyone of being a "sunshine pumper" but even I don't think a win today makes our season or makes us a threat to make a deep tourney run...Long way to go...I do think it bodes well for our confidence going forward...

Archived