Which recruiting class was better: 2017 vs 2008?

KoB2011

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It was the class that each of our last two coaches had forced on them by the prior coaching staff. 

If all the recruits - who committed under Sampson - stayed from the 2008 class then it’s the 2008 class...no question. Sampson assembled a top 10 maybe top 5 recruiting class. But i don’t think you can compare these 2 classes. In 2008 we got Pritchard and Elston who were the only ones that stayed committed after the coaching change. Crean couldn’t convince our 2 best recruits to stay so they went elsewhere. Those 2 guys were 5 star recruit Devin Ebanks who had a great college career and helped lead Bob Huggins and WVU to a couple deep runs in the tourney...and then you had TU Hollowell who decommitted and went to Xavier. I’m sure most remember him leading the way for Xavier along with Jordan Crawford as the SG...Xavier had some excellent teams with those two (would be) former Hoosiers. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If all the recruits - who committed under Sampson - stayed from the 2008 class then it’s the 2008 class...no question. Sampson assembled a top 10 maybe top 5 recruiting class. But i don’t think you can compare these 2 classes. In 2008 we got Pritchard and Elston who were the only ones that stayed committed after the coaching change. Crean couldn’t convince our 2 best recruits to stay so they went elsewhere. Those 2 guys were 5 star recruit Devin Ebanks who had a great college career and helped lead Bob Huggins and WVU to a couple deep runs in the tourney...and then you had TU Hollowell who decommitted and went to Xavier. I’m sure most remember him leading the way for Xavier along with Jordan Crawford as the SG...Xavier had some excellent teams with those two (would be) former Hoosiers. 

Right, I'm talking about what each coach ended up with. It's essentially a comparison of Pritchard, Roth, and Verdell Jones against Durham and Smith. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Right, I'm talking about what each coach ended up with. It's essentially a comparison of Pritchard, Roth, and Verdell Jones against Durham and Smith. 

I forgot about Roth...he was a Sampson recruit. I would prob choose 2008. But still don’t think you can compare simply because Ebanks and Hollowell....also, not sure Archie would’ve kept all the recruits in his first class...would of loved have had McKinley Wright...Crean left the program pretty bare. But definitely interesting topic. 

Archived