Big Ten 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see him standing up trying to right a wrong. From the article-

"He wants to set a precedent so that schools are more careful and more diligent in how they proceed on these cases and not just sort of rushing ahead to judgment when they know for a fact they don't have all the evidence," Miltenberg said.

The complaint says Wisconsin was "seeking to push for harsh male prosecutions in order to remedy its long-standing failure to address sexual assault complaints." The complaint adds that Cephus' status as a well-known football player made him "the perfect candidate for the university to prove its investigative efforts and punish accused males in a high-profile way."

Cephus' lawyers argue that the university should have delayed the investigation until the conclusion of the criminal proceeding because there was relevant evidence that wouldn't be released until after the criminal case was closed. They say that included video evidence disputing the women's claims that they were intoxicated that evening.

They say the school acknowledged it had unsuccessfully attempted to obtain this evidence and went ahead with its disciplinary hearing anyway. Cephus had filed a lawsuit in 2018 attempting to get the Title IX hearing delayed until the criminal case was settled.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure which thread to put this one in. According to Brett McMurphy Nebraska is trying to get out of their game vs Oklahoma this season. Was supposed to be 50th anniversary of the game of the century stuff. Sounds like Frost is trying to get an easy W at home instead.

I'll never stop piling on Nebraska. This is just weak.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure which thread to put this one in. According to Brett McMurphy Nebraska is trying to get out of their game vs Oklahoma this season. Was supposed to be 50th anniversary of the game of the century stuff. Sounds like Frost is trying to get an easy W at home instead.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/03/12/nebraska-backing-out-oklahoma-football-game

On 4/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, Leathernecks said:

Scott Frost is the gift that keeps on giving.  What a weak minded coach.  Always complaining about schedules and trying to get out of hard games.  Shocking that his teams aren't very good 🙄

It's even worse of a look when you consider how arrogant he is.  In multiple comments/interviews he has come across as an incredibly unlikable person.

Wish we had them as a crossover this year. 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 10:03 AM, NotIThatLives said:

I said when they hired Schiono back that it would be a matter of time.  Some guys just have a perfect fit and Rutgers is it for him.  

Being a Cane fan I've always liked Schiano but you nailed. Perfect fit is Rutgers....kind of what took us time with Coach Allen but he's perfect fit for IU too. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, Seeking6 said:

That's just so dumb! One of the biggest issues that Nebraska faces is that they have lost their pipelines into BIG12 country and specifically Texas now that they don't play games in the state and conference anymore. High profile games even if you lose gives you visibility and in this case probably a nationally televised game. If you win imagine what that does for you. I don't ever understand playing poor teams. It doesn't test you and it doesn't help your recruit. I'm sure they are just worried about making a bowl game...compared to IU who just scheduled ND...even though IU should be the one protecting it's schedule instead they are trying to build the program.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't see Iowa going 10-2. They lose quite a bit, and their QB is still average.

Nebraska at 8-4? How many times has that been predicted in Frost's tenure? 

I see only 2 "sure" W's for the Huskers.  Fordham and Buffalo.  

• Like 1