Big Ten 2021

Agree completely guys. I think Iowa is good,  but not that good.  They have some really talented pieces coming back, but lost some really good players to the draft too.

I don't know their roster really well, but I doubt they have someone as talented as Smith-Marsette at WR.

Frost, Brohm, and Harbaugh are all three at the Missouri stage of their current gig. "Show Me"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Article on ranking B1G stadiums. I know it’s opinion but surprised IU was 6th even ahead of Iowa

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-the-best-stadiums-in-the-big-ten/amp/

It’s funny to see IU ranked ahead of MSU here. I remember sitting in Memorial Stadium a few years ago and hearing MSU fans talk about how it was a small but ‘nice’ stadium. I’m still mad about it. 

On 5/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, Andy06 said:

This isn't a knock on our Purdue poster, I really like what he brings to the board.  However,  I found it very entertaining. 

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2021/5/28/22457458/purdue-the-absolute-worst-sports-program-in-big-ten-football-basketball-brees-tiller

Why would you hesitate to knock a Purdue poster?🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This isn't a knock on our Purdue poster, I really like what he brings to the board.  However,  I found it very entertaining. 

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2021/5/28/22457458/purdue-the-absolute-worst-sports-program-in-big-ten-football-basketball-brees-tiller

That piece was great because it was brutal and truthful lol. 🤣 😂

• Like 2

That's a pretty harsh accessment. Given the B1G hasn't won a national championship in basketball since 2000...and it was the 80's before the previous I wouldn't exactly rate Purdue's B1G basketball success a total failure. Comparatively speaking if you are going to rate success by championships B1G men's basketball has been utter trash for the past 30 years then. The 80's were the last time I would say B1G basketball was dominant. We've had several final four teams for sure...many B1G disappointments in basketball. Yes Purdue hasn't been one of those final four teams but overall their basketball has been as consistent if not better than any team not named Michigan St from the B1G. What does it say about all the other B1G basketball programs if they too haven't won a championship basically since most working age adults were born. Overall I'm not going to argue with his premise that B1G sports at Purdue is pretty shoddy. I'd say if it wasn't FOR basketball they would be completely irrelevant. No doubt they have underachieved in the tournament but I think it's pretty harsh to dismiss their B1G regular season success all together. They are more than a relevant team in the B1G. Nobody likes playing them. It does make it pretty remarkable they can't translate their regular season formula to March but he kinda glossed over basketball because if he spent time really digging into the numbers...it's not a bad basketball program at all. In fact they rank 14 in NCAA history in wins...quickly catching up to us I might add. Looking at football...well Indiana hasn't been any better...so I'm not going to rush out to throw stones. I did think in the early 2000's Purdue was going to build a really great Women's Basketball program but that kind of petered out....with Notre Dame's rise along with UConn....it just didn't materialize. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’ll throw this in here, Boonville 2021 RB Devin Mockobee decommits from Navy and commits to Purdue 

Wow....Brohm is either a genius or desperate.   Offer list was Navy, Hanover, and Valpo.  Outside of the DL they just got, and Brady Allen, this class is looking a little light for PU.

I know it's early and things can change, but if I were a PU fan I would be a little disappointed so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Wow....Brohm is either a genius or desperate.   Offer list was Navy, Hanover, and Valpo.  Outside of the DL they just got, and Brady Allen, this class is looking a little light for PU.

I know it's early and things can change, but if I were a PU fan I would be a little disappointed so far.

IDK about genius, per ESPN, he announced that Hagen, Lambert, English to hold the DC title. But it sounds like a reassurance thing on a play if it will work or not. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy06 said:

I would lean more towards desperate, he was supposed to have them pointed in the right direction but it has went the opposite way so far. I look for them to suck again this season also.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

What is up with Michigan? Saw on the MSU forum that a former Michigan Coach is under investigation for hundreds of abuse cases 

Let me get this straight.  You saw on a Sparty forum that there was sexual abuse going on at Michigan?  Wow.  Now that is the pot calling the kettle black.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Anyways, back to football, seems like Harbaugh is on the hot seat judging by fans and people I know who like UM. 

Other news on the Nebraska front, seems like Frost is under heat about talking bad about the McCaffery brother about transferring 

Cracks me up how Frost puts Nebraska with Alabama.  It is fun to do if you have a competent coach who is trying to bring back a once storied program.  A coach who has been failing at it for 3 years saying it is just idiotic.  Dude is so clueless.

I saw the McCafferys were talking trash about Frost.  One of them posted a screenshot of Frost's Wikipedia page and circled the part about him transferring from Stanford to Nebraska.

I hope Nebraska makes a bowl and keeps Frost around.  5 minutes of listening to that moron, and you can tell he'll never get them back to being good on a consistent basis.

• Like 2