Big Ten 2021

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Now that's an interesting thought.  Interesting enough for me to model out.  Here's the 3 year conference winning percentage:

Ohio State 96%
Michigan 67%
Iowa 65%
Penn State 63%
Wisconsin 63%
Northwestern 60%
Indiana 52%
Minnesota 52%
Michigan State 44%
Purdue 42%
Nebraska 35%
Illinois 31%
Maryland 26%
Rutgers 11%

Aside: the fact that we're over 50% in a 3 year period is astounding.  #LEO

And here's what the divisions might look like if we did 1/3/5/7/9/11/13 and 2/4/6/8/10/12/14:

Ohio State   Michigan
Iowa   Penn State
Wisconsin   Northwestern
Indiana   Minnesota
Michigan State   Purdue
Nebraska   Illinois
Maryland   Rutgers

Overall....livable. 

Thanks for running that!  Very interesting.  They look balanced to me.  Every three years, you re-set it.

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I absolutely hate how games are scheduled so far in advance. Last year showed that teams can easily schedule on short notice. There's no reason they can't schedule 2 seasons in advance and be able to keep up with trends of who is good and who isn't. 

In conference, yeah I agree. I understand why they do non conference games that far in advance though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Now that's an interesting thought.  Interesting enough for me to model out.  Here's the 3 year conference winning percentage:

Ohio State 96%
Michigan 67%
Iowa 65%
Penn State 63%
Wisconsin 63%
Northwestern 60%
Indiana 52%
Minnesota 52%
Michigan State 44%
Purdue 42%
Nebraska 35%
Illinois 31%
Maryland 26%
Rutgers 11%

Aside: the fact that we're over 50% in a 3 year period is astounding.  #LEO

And here's what the divisions might look like if we did 1/3/5/7/9/11/13 and 2/4/6/8/10/12/14:

Ohio State   Michigan
Iowa   Penn State
Wisconsin   Northwestern
Indiana   Minnesota
Michigan State   Purdue
Nebraska   Illinois
Maryland   Rutgers

Overall....livable. 

Good stuff here. I would say you should go 1/4/5/8/9/12/13

-OSU, PSU, UW, Minnesota, MSU, ILL, Maryland

-Michigan, Iowa, NW, Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska, Rutgers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I absolutely hate how games are scheduled so far in advance. Last year showed that teams can easily schedule on short notice. There's no reason they can't schedule 2 seasons in advance and be able to keep up with trends of who is good and who isn't. 

Someone isn’t excited about the 2030 series with Notre Dame. 

11 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Someone isn’t excited about the 2030 series with Notre Dame. 

Haha. I am excited for that series, even though I think 10 years is too far in advance.

Who knows, by that time, that could be to see who the best program in the state is. ND will probably be on a 15 year losing streak in big bowl games, and we'll be coming off our best decade ever. There aren't any other programs in the state worth discussing as the best.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I'd be interested in seeing the academic side of this.  If he hadn't been planning on skipping his senior year to begin with, I'd be really interested in seeing what he has to do in order to graduate a year early without planning for it all through high school.

I'd also like to see how it works for kids that "reclassify" in basketball.

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

I'd be interested in seeing the academic side of this.  If he hadn't been planning on skipping his senior year to begin with, I'd be really interested in seeing what he has to do in order to graduate a year early without planning for it all through high school.

Eric Bledsoe get an "A" in Algebra 2 after failing Algebra 1. They make it work.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Take a look at who is #1 on their list. Not sure if posted already or somewhere else.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ranking-quarterbacks-big-ten-entering-212457611.html

Penix is by far the leader of that group going into the season. This has to be one of the worst QB classes in the B1G in a while. Penix would be on top a lot of years, but there's a huge gap between 1 and 2.

Some guys on the list with potential, but Mertz is #2, and he was brutal the last 5 games last season.  Averaged 172 yards and had 2 TDs and 5 interceptions.

I know Wisconsin's game isn't to air the ball out, but Mertz at 2 shows how far the B1G group of QBs has to go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Penix is by far the leader of that group going into the season. This has to be one of the worst QB classes in the B1G in a while. Penix would be on top a lot of years, but there's a huge gap between 1 and 2.

Some guys on the list with potential, but Mertz is #2, and he was brutal the last 5 games last season.  Averaged 172 yards and had 2 TDs and 5 interceptions.

I know Wisconsin's game isn't to air the ball out, but Mertz at 2 shows how far the B1G group of QBs has to go.

All the better for our D. 

• Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 9:47 AM, rogue3542 said:

Do they allow them to test out of classes at the HS level?  Is a GED the exact same thing as a HS diploma in the eyes of a college?

I, too, would like to know how it all works.

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Do they allow them to test out of classes at the HS level?  Is a GED the exact same thing as a HS diploma in the eyes of a college?

Getting into college with a GED isn't too much of an issue. Almost all colleges allow students with a GED to get in. I'm sure the OSU admissions department will look over his application with a fine tooth comb.

Testing out of classes depends on the school. Mine doesn't, but some do. A little donation by OSU to his high school, and I'm sure they will offer them too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I remember Bryce Harper quit HS got his GED enrolled in junior college to get drafted a year early. If my memory serves me correct if not I just made it all up

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Thanks fellas.  I guess I am just stuck in the 1985 way of thinking.  Just not fully realizing/comprehending what kids have at their disposal in this day and age.  

My son started college with 33 college credits. Was able to graduate in 3 years with no summer classes. It's a whole new ball game