Big Ten 2021

Idk why Frost has been such a tool since he's been at NEB. He's was absolutely the correct hire though... same with Mike Woodson. 

He certainly hasn't produced though. Outside of poor QB play.. Can't figure out why. (Obviously yesterday they were flat awful in basically all aspects). 

But what he built at UCF was legit... those were big time football teams. Even after he left, he left behind a boatload of talent. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Idk why Frost has been such a tool since he's been at NEB. He's was absolutely the correct hire though... same with Mike Woodson. 

He certainly hasn't produced though. Outside of poor QB play.. Can't figure out why. (Obviously yesterday they were flat awful in basically all aspects). 

But what he built at UCF was legit... those were big time football teams. Even after he left, he left behind a boatload of talent. 

Talent is the key. Look at the talent we pull from Florida. Frost could take the sloppy thirds/fourths behind UF, Canes, FSU....and still have 10 pros on his roster.

Don't know what Nebraska is going to do because I agree....Frost was the correct hire but now Nebraska is going to have to figure out how to fire a legend.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Reading the Huskers' forums I can relate to their pain oh so well.  A once proud and successful program in shambles sounds really familiar.

A lot of similarities…although I’d say Nebraska was more self inflicted with their decision to move to the tougher B1G and firing of multiple good coaches who could deliver 9-3 but struggled to get back to championships….but those were still top 15 teams under Solich & Pelini. Definitely not fair what they did to Solich…guy went on to have a really solid career at Ohio.

59 minutes ago, dgambill said:

A lot of similarities…although I’d say Nebraska was more self inflicted with their decision to move to the tougher B1G and firing of multiple good coaches who could deliver 9-3 but struggled to get back to championships….but those were still top 15 teams under Solich & Pelini. Definitely not fair what they did to Solich…guy went on to have a really solid career at Ohio.

The decision to move to the B1G appears to have been a great one in hind sight...the dismissal of Solich not so great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

The decision to move to the B1G appears to have been a great one in hind sight...the dismissal of Solich not so great.

I think it was great for revenue etc…and obviously with what has happened recently. One could say it has hurt their recruiting possibly not playing in Texas anymore. Question might be with Nebraska and Colorado in the conference would the conference fell apart…the answer is probably a resounding yes….I think any conference with Texas in it is bound to have issues.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think it was great for revenue etc…and obviously with what has happened recently. One could say it has hurt their recruiting possibly not playing in Texas anymore. Question might be with Nebraska and Colorado in the conference would the conference fell apart…the answer is probably a resounding yes….I think any conference with Texas in it is bound to have issues.

Funny how things work out.  

But to Nebraska.  The B1G needs the Huskers to get back to their former selves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Funny how things work out.  

But to Nebraska.  The B1G needs the Huskers to get back to their former selves.

Agreed it really would be good to have that opposite powerhouse program to help balance the divisions. Wisconsin has been good but not great. Heck at this point it would be good for the league just to get Michigan back lol…not sure either happens anytime soon.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1