Big Ten 2021

7 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I don't think it's that hard, either. Targeting 1 is akin to a facemask, roughing the passer, etc. Targeting 2 is acting with malice/intent and results in ejection.

Honestly, I think they need to change this now, not wait until next season.

Agree, it should be changed immediately. So many of these "targeting" are because the offensive player dipped his head at the last minute when there is nothing the defender could do. 

Make it two targeting penalties before ejection.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Huge win for PSU! I think most of you know, I grew up in PA and IN, so am an IU basketball fan and PSU football fan. 

Though I root for IU in every sport (I like IU football too, but PSU is my team), really only football for PSU. 

I’m glad your an IU bball fan and hope you are depressed on 10/2. LOL

• Like 1

My best friend and I growing up argued over who was the better coach. 

Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden. 

My friend said Bobby Bowden, but because of Big Ten I said Joe Pa. 

Both me and my friend loved Bear Bryant. 

Anyway, my friend was right. Bobby Bowden was the better coach and a hell of a better person. 

Spent a week at State College in Nov. 2008 for a pasteurization course at their creamery.  Great ice cream. All Paterno statues removed but they still wanted you to pay $$ to see the museum/stadium. 

I hate PSU and wish they never joined the Big 10. I want them to suck. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden. 

Anyway, my friend was right. Bobby Bowden was the better coach and a hell of a better person. 

Spent a week at State College in Nov. 2008 for a pasteurization course at their creamery.  Great ice cream. All Paterno statues removed but they still wanted you to pay $$ to see the museum/stadium. 

Ever been to the creamery at Wisconsin? They have some good ice cream. 

19 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden. 

I couldn't stand either one tbh.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They ought to have a name for that game, like "The Stench Bowl" or "Homely Coming."

Or we can just let them call it the old stinky bucket game...and just pass along our trophy to the winner of that one....given Purdue and IU legacy not sure we should be making fun of anyone else's matchups. We still have a long way to go before we can make fun of others...I like our chances to have a respectable program moving forward but we aren't all the way there yet. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Or we can just let them call it the old stinky bucket game...and just pass along our trophy to the winner of that one....given Purdue and IU legacy not sure we should be making fun of anyone else's matchups. We still have a long way to go before we can make fun of others...I like our chances to have a respectable program moving forward but we aren't all the way there yet. 

Brother, my post had nothing to do with football programs ;) 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Illinois is a much better team than their record if Peters can get back to week 1 form. With Bell out along with the other injuries, I suspect Purdue will get all they can handle and then some this week

And just what was this Peters form in week 1?