Big Ten 2021

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've noticed you like using the "haha" reaction instead of trying to actually refute a post. I'm guessing you think Frost is more overpaid than Brohm...cool. Brohm has lost twice to that guy. 

You can keep using a smiley face, I'll keep using facts. 

I mentioned his record against Iowa and you skipped right past it and mentioned what he’s done against NW lol. Fleck has Brohm’s number like Brohm has Ferentz’s number. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mentioned his record against Iowa and you skipped right past it and mentioned what he’s done against NW lol. Fleck has Brohm’s number like Brohm has Ferentz’s number. 

Just like you did when I mentioned his record against Minnesota...which was actually kind of relevant because that's who they played today. 

Clearly being 3-1 against Iowa means the world to you though, so I'll back off and just let you enjoy that. 

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

After this week, we're going to have 6 top 15 teams on the schedule. Ridiculously tough schedule this year.

A part of me thinks they put IU in the east because they want us to fail. Geographically Purdue could easily fit in the east because they suck. Even Northwestern sucks, but I respect the job Pat Fitzgerald has done. 

I think the B1G wants IU to fail for 2 reasons,

#1 our success in alot of other sports other than basketball, like soccer and golf, oh don't forget the swimming team. Remember multiple gold medal winner Mark Spitz. Yes I know my IU history.

#2 Their hatred of Bobby Knight. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I think they roll PSU next week. They look like the best in the B1G

There is no way Iowa isn't in the CFP. Right now. 

Defense wins championships and right now I think they could win it.

One of the very few other B1G teams I support. They are consistent, and their stadium is across the street from a children's hospital, and one of their traditions is to wave to the kids.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did I say we’d do better in the East? I was laughing at your first of 2 reasons why the B1G wants IU to fail. 

I'm not wrong. 

Traditionally the IU football program Is the worst in D1 history.

I've met and been around RMK quite a bit. Attended his basketball camps, met him on multiple occasions.  I even have the 1992 final 4 game ball autographed by him, the team and coaches. 

But you wouldn't know about FF4s because last time PU got there was 1980. 

Anyway, there was a concerted effort by the Big10 as it was known back then, and IU to get rid of RMK.

Probably when you were in grades school?

Anyway, Miles Brand destroyed IU basketball, and well, pretty much everything but the soccer program. 

• Sad 1

On 10/2/2021 at 11:40 PM, mrflynn03 said:

@Stlboiler23

Their is no way Purdue would do any better in the east. Every year IU has a gauntlet of top 20 teams. 

I'm not sure what your arguing about. Who cares which team is in the East or West. Both team's football programs are sorry traditionally and right now too. Being in the East offers us more chances for upsets and big wins in highly televised games. Michigan, OSU, Penn St...even Michigan St are the cream of the crop and offer HUGE visability for recruiting. It isn't even close that the East offers the best visibility in recruiting and geographical footprint putting your team in tv markets from NY to Michigan. If you want to strengthen your program do you want to tell kids you play those group of teams every year or what is on the other side. Kids want to play against the best competition with the most visability and the East offers that for us that Purdue doesn't get. If anything it was a compliment to us and the strength of our brand if we can ever get this thing off the ground here.

I also don't get why we rag on how much Brohm is making....it isn't like with Allen's new contract IU is getting a great return on the dollar right now either. If we are going to constantly measure ourself vs the standard of Purdue then we are going to have a sorry program. Let's go win some games and move this program up and make this East/West arguement moot.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm not sure what your arguing about. Who cares which team is in the East or West. Both team's football programs are sorry traditionally and right now too. Being in the East offers us more chances for upsets and big wins in highly televised games. Michigan, OSU, Penn St...even Michigan St are the cream of the crop and offer HUGE visability for recruiting. It isn't even close that the East offers the best visibility in recruiting and geographical footprint putting your team in tv markets from NY to Michigan. If you want to strengthen your program do you want to tell kids you play those group of teams every year or what is on the other side. Kids want to play against the best competition with the most visability and the East offers that for us that Purdue doesn't get. If anything it was a compliment to us and the strength of our brand if we can ever get this thing off the ground here.

I also don't get why we rag on how much Brohm is making....it isn't like with Allen's new contract IU is getting a great return on the dollar right now either. If we are going to constantly measure ourself vs the standard of Purdue then we are going to have a sorry program. Let's go win some games and move this program up and make this East/West arguement moot.

I'm not sure either. Just finished 3 12 hrs shifts. Wasn't able to sleep Friday or Saturday night so I was extremely tired and delirious. Didn't wake up until 2pm today. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...