Big Ten 2021

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Love that haha. I think I heard that if (and that’s a humongous IF) we win this weekend, it’d be the 8th time historically that a team beat 3 top 6 teams in one season. I fully expect to lose by 2+ TD’s though. 

My cousin said something similar about the historic aspect of the game for Purdue.  But he couldn't tell me any specifics about it including the last time it had been done.  Do you know?

4 hours ago, rico said:

Not me.  I will be pulling for the Boilers.  Let chaos in CFB reign.  A loss by the Bucks would add more fuel to the CFP fire.

I can honestly say that there is two teams i will never pull for, no matter what the win will do to the rest of the leagues. Turdue and Kensucky could be close to ending world hunger and i would be hesitant on wanting them to succeed doing it lol. 😁 🤬

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

I can honestly say that there is two teams i will never pull for, no matter what the win will do to the rest of the leagues. Turdue and Kensucky could be close to ending world hunger and i would be hesitant on wanting them to succeed doing it lol. 😁 🤬

Each to their own.  I have explained my ties to the Boilers countless times on here.  Purdue doesn't bother me in the least.

• Like 2

Just now, rico said:

Each to their own.  I have explained my ties to the Boilers countless times on here.  Purdue doesn't bother me in the least.

Well i actually have no clue about your ties lol. Those two teams are the Hoosiers biggest rivals and the obsessive crap Boiler fans have toward IU and its fans i will never have any respect for their school.

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

Well i actually have no clue about your ties lol. Those two teams are the Hoosiers biggest rivals and the obsessive crap Boiler fans have toward IU and its fans i will never have any respect for their school.

In my family there are more Purdue grads than IU.  One of those "Boilers" is my Dad.  

On 11/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, rico said:

In my family there are more Purdue grads than IU.  One of those "Boilers" is my Dad.  

My dad, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins - Boilers all.  My mom born and raised in Lafayette.

Was a Purdue fan myself growing up (how could I NOT be?) until my college decision was made.  Let's just say I am the "Red Sheep" of the family - someone had to break the cruel cycle!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

My dad, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins - Boilers all.  My mom born and raised in Lafayette.

Was a Purdue fan myself growing up (how could I NOT be?) until my college decision was made.  Let's just say I am the "Red Sheep" of the family - someone had to break the cruel cycle!  

I think you shattered it not just broke it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why I'm the world would anyone give Mel Tucker a 10 year 95 million contact.  He is is 16-14 overall and 11-7 at MSU.  People complaining about Allen's contact would really hate this one.

Because they have the money to give and don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.   😋

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why I'm the world would anyone give Mel Tucker a 10 year 95 million contact.  He is is 16-14 overall and 11-7 at MSU.  People complaining about Allen's contact would really hate this one.

I think it is a knee jerk reaction for the Spartans to a good season and the fact that Tuckers name has started to creep into some of the bigger job openings. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I think it is a knee jerk reaction for the Spartans to a good season and the fact that Tuckers name has started to creep into some of the bigger job openings. 

Exactly.  He was LSU's top realistic choice from what I've heard. Not saying it works out, but MSU certainly got the job done to keep him. This won't be the last of the coaching salary insanity this off-season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Exactly.  He was LSU's top realistic choice from what I've heard. Not saying it works out, but MSU certainly got the job done to keep him. This won't be the last of the coaching salary insanity this off-season. 

Yeah the money for coaches is starting to get crazy. Conferences like the PAC-12 better start opening up their checkbooks or they will fall even farther behind.

• Like 1