Big Ten 2021

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I think they are beyond the point of caring about that.

My favorite is the guy who keeps posting, “IT’S YEAR FOUR!”  

Well the problem is when year four is worse then 3 and 2 and 1…..it’s going in the wrong direction…and that was how it was for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If Nebraska fires Frost, they’ve gotta go all in for Campbell don’t they?

The only reason Campbell would take that gig....is because he thinks the Big 12 would be folding down the road. Otherwise Iowa St is better until another big gig opens....or maybe the pros. Campbell is pretty well respected in pro circles.

• Like 2

Man, that was an ugly game for a lot of it. A few points. 

Nebraska had no energy for most of the game. Just seemed lifeless on the sidelines.

Illinois didn't look very good either. Got a couple breaks in the 2nd quarter, and played better after that, but I thought it was more Nebraska playing poorly, and Illinois took advantage.

The fact that Martinez is the best option Frost has at this point in his tenure says a lot. He missed so many open receivers at critical times. 

A few of the Nebraska fans around us in the 1st quarter made comments about all the Nebraska fans were just waiting for them to screw up.

Nebraska's special teams was real special...clearly not in a good way. Missed extra points, the safety, poor punts.

Illinois' special teams was really good. I think the most impressive play of the game was the kickoff after the Illinois TD where they had the personal foul after the TD. Kicked off from the 20, into a pretty strong wind, and put it almost 5 yards deep in the endzone. That was a bomb.

It was miserable there. Heat index was around 100 all game, and the stadium ran out of water early in the 2nd quarter (they still had beer though, so for some of you, I'm sure that wouldn't have been an issue haha).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If Nebraska fires Frost, they’ve gotta go all in for Campbell don’t they?

I suspect Alberts has a lot of NFL connections. I could see them dipping into that pool. If college Freeze and Malzone aren’t bad options either. (If I was Campbell I’d hold out for bigger job. Would Day go to the pros. Michigan will need another coach soon. I could see USC come calling in a couple years. Heck what is Bob Stoops up too?

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Nebraska had no energy for most of the game. Just seemed lifeless on the sidelines.

Illinois didn't look very good either. Got a couple breaks in the 2nd quarter, and played better after that, but I thought it was more Nebraska playing poorly, and Illinois took advantage.

The fact that Martinez is the best option Frost has at this point in his tenure says a lot. He missed so many open receivers at critical times. 

A few of the Nebraska fans around us in the 1st quarter made comments about all the Nebraska fans were just waiting for them to screw up.

Nebraska's special teams was real special...clearly not in a good way. Missed extra points, the safety, poor punts.

Illinois' special teams was really good. I think the most impressive play of the game was the kickoff after the Illinois TD where they had the personal foul after the TD. Kicked off from the 20, into a pretty strong wind, and put it almost 5 yards deep in the endzone. That was a bomb.

It was miserable there. Heat index was around 100 all game, and the stadium ran out of water early in the 2nd quarter (they still had beer though, so for some of you, I'm sure that wouldn't have been an issue haha).

Sat in those stands a couple of times when it was only around 85. Can't imagine what that was like today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I would have been just fine if they only had beer all day lol

• Haha 3

Lost in the game today was the humor of the QB situation. Hopefully I have this right.

Nebraska lost to a team that had a RUTGERS QB transfer playing for Illinois....who transferred because of lost playing time at Rutgers haha...because he couldn't beat out a Nebraska transfer who went to Rutgers who couldn't get playing time ahead of Martinez while at Nebraska. I think I have this scenario correct. 

Thank God for Penix and Donavan McCulley. We're solid if not way ahead of the game for 4 years.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lost in the game today was the humor of the QB situation. Hopefully I have this right.

Nebraska lost to a team that had a RUTGERS QB transfer playing for Illinois....who transferred because of lost playing time at Rutgers haha...because he couldn't beat out a Nebraska transfer who went to Rutgers who couldn't get playing time ahead of Martinez while at Nebraska. I think I have this scenario correct. 

Thank God for Penix and Donavan McCulley. We're solid if not way ahead of the game for 4 years.

Fact Frost has tied his wagon to a four year starting qb that is as incompetent as Adrian Martinez is just crazy. Four years watching this coach and this qb would probably drive me crazy if I was their fans. How is this kid the best qb they have on their roster?

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Fact Frost has tied his wagon to a four year starting qb that is as incompetent as Adrian Martinez is just crazy. Four years watching this coach and this qb would probably drive me crazy if I was their fans. How is this kid the best qb they have on their roster?

He's not. Just a massive failure by Frost. I get the allure of trying to bring the past to present....but him leaving UCF and that fertile recruiting ground with admission standards being next to nothing is going to be a mistake he'll think about for the next 4-5 years while he builds himself back up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's not. Just a massive failure by Frost. I get the allure of trying to bring the past to present....but him leaving UCF and that fertile recruiting ground with admission standards being next to nothing is going to be a mistake he'll think about for the next 4-5 years while he builds himself back up. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/college-football/scott-frosts-old-quote-about-qb-joe-burrow-is-going-viral/amp

Remember this?? He has made plenty of mistakes there. Apparently his wife has moved back to Florida with the kids…I’m sure he will be moving back soon.

• Like 2