OSU Game Thread

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fundamentals said:

Al?  An unforced TO with first half clock running down?  Guy can’t leave soon enough.  No reason to ever do that as a senior.  Wake up, IU!

Al get alot out of himself, coaches need to put him in a position to succeed and that is not at pg. 

Archie thought is always put the ball in his seniors hand, but that senior can be great in the corner for a kickout 3.  

Al needs to play, but with structure that makes him successful.  The dude hit a big shot against NW, but that was off the ball to start the set.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

We had momentum.  Hunter was scoring and had confidence.  Archie took him out.  Momentum killed.  I'm sorry, but I just don't understand that.  

Crean would do that too. Put the hot hand on the bench so they could think on how good they were playing to gain confidence. 

Just now, Feathery said:

Since it’s a free year, would you bring back Al if he wanted to come back? Would you bring back Rob?

Al, no. Stewart will replace him.

Rob, yes. He still plays the best on the ball D on our team. And I think his offense is salvageable. 

But if he does come back, I'd be greatly surprised if he was staring over Lander.

OUR guards are upper class men. They have had their chances. Let freshmen play.  I bet it’s an upgrade.  Let this team be free to run and shoot to build momentum. CAM style prohibits ever building a decent lead. He has shown his skills.  We should not be surprised any more.  

Just now, Feathery said:

Crean would do that too. Put the hot hand on the bench so they could think on how good they were playing to gain confidence. 

It drives me crazy how coaches subs today.  It is like kids can't play 35+  minutes a game any longer and we have a set time to sub.  In the 81 championship game 4 or the 5 starters played 20 minutes in the first half and the only reason the other didn't was he got 3 fouls.

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Since it’s a free year, would you bring back Al if he wanted to come back? Would you bring back Rob?

Yes, but with the understanding of roles.  Al represents this program with class and energy.  Rob, also seems that way he is just more of an introvert.  

Consistently is key and its like in baseball the platoon player is always exposed with more playing time.  Limit the role, expand others if deserved.  And create competition.

15 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Turnovers, not finishing at the rim, not boxing out well and allowing 2nd chance points. Yes those are player issues. But the coach is responsible for the play of the players. 

So missing 3 bunnies (TJD) and shooting 3 airballs on wide open 3s (Rob, Al, Armaan) is somehow the coach's fault?

Archie puts them in a situation to succeed. If they don't, that's on the player.

Archived