OSU Game Thread

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, John S said:

OUR guards are upper class men. They have had their chances. Let freshmen play.  I bet it’s an upgrade.  Let this team be free to run and shoot to build momentum. CAM style prohibits ever building a decent lead. He has shown his skills.  We should not be surprised any more.  

Not quite sure where you stand. Do you feel we should play the freshmen?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So missing 3 bunnies (TJD) and shooting 3 airballs on wide open 3s (Rob, Al, Armaan) is somehow the coach's fault?

Archie puts them in a situation to succeed. If they don't, that's on the player.

Both sides of that argument go round and round like a merry go round.

If a team has shooting issues here or there, like every team does, I put it on the players. When it is a 4 year pattern, however, it falls more on the coach. 

Sad it last game but it applies just about every game - one team runs their offense to get good shots by the right people in the right spot and the other looks like a pickup game at the local YMCA. IU is always the other team. I do credit IU for continuing to fight but it is always  up hill because they choose to make it that hard on themselves.

Rob another no show. No threat at all on offense. Tired of talking about it. His best option after the season is likely a transfer. I hate suggesting it but at some point you have to turn the page and let others get their opportunity.

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Al, no. Stewart will replace him.

Rob, yes. He still plays the best on the ball D on our team. And I think his offense is salvageable. 

But if he does come back, I'd be greatly surprised if he was staring over Lander.

That’s where I’m at with it as well. Take the pressure off Rob by letting him come off the bench and play against the backups of the opposition. 

Archived