Thoughts on Next Year's Roster

Purpose16

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

He has some major flaws in his game he needs to show improvement on to get drafted. 

Well...that's obvious and fans know that. But it remains to be seen what the player himself and his family think. How long would it take for him to improve his game significantly as a college student? How much can he improve his game all around in college? Or would it be better for him to leave school and to focus solely on his game? 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Well...that's obvious and fans know that. But it remains to be seen what the player himself and his family think. How long would it take for him to improve his game significantly as a college student? How much can he improve his game all around in college? Or would it be better for him to leave school and to focus solely on his game? 

I disagree that a lot of our fans know that. I'd actually say the majority of our fans see his numbers and think it means he is a future NBA player.

Sure, he could leave to play in Europe or go the G-League route. A player leaving for a good, bad, or in between reason is a possibility for every single player in college basketball. I just think in the case of TJD people know he was a McDonald's All-American and see him putting up good numbers and that is where the analysis of what his future options are stops. 

James Blackmon is the only IU player I can think of EVER leaving early to go pro that wasn't a future NBA player. TJD could make number two, of all the guys we've had that have had pro careers not in the NBA that would very much make him the exception if he chooses to do that. 

Archived