Minnesota Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IU 78 Minny 65

My first half start of the game strategy: the first 10 shots should be all by the guards, all threes, all the first open look they get. The next 10 shots, no threes, but similarly, take the first open shot they have. No pounding the ball at the top of the key, no forced drives into the crowded lane with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Get into the offense quickly and take the first open shot. Let TJD get some offensive put backs, not just double teamed forced/quick shots with no weak side help. Use TJD as a decoy more, go with smaller lineups when the funk comes, pass the ball to someone to CATCH and SHOOT!! :) 

Go Hoosiers!!

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Hi all - we are testing out some new functions and this thread now lives in a forum solely dedicated to game threads.  It's a trial run, so we'll see if we like it or not after a few games to determine if we keep it going forward.

Big game tonight - go Hoosiers!

HF

OMG!  Changes!  We're going to lose!  :panic:

1 hour ago, 2014Hoosier said:

Anyone know if I’ll be able to watch the game tonight if I stole my dads btn plus login info? He said he hasn’t been able to watch games that are on btn, but he’s paying like $18 a month for the subscription 

You should be able to watch it on foxsports.com for free if you have a cable provider and know the username and password. Fox sports now owns the BTN now so games are available on that site. 

4 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Hi all - we are testing out some new functions and this thread now lives in a forum solely dedicated to game threads.  It's a trial run, so we'll see if we like it or not after a few games to determine if we keep it going forward.

Big game tonight - go Hoosiers!

HF

I like the idea of having a board for these but would prefer they stay on the general board until game is over then moved here 

Just now, IU Scott said:

He is there best perimeter defender they have and can occasionally get hot from 4.  Have you heard anything about Robbins status for the game

They said he was hobbled, but playing...

I'm wondering who will start for Kalscheur...Mashburn maybe?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They said he was hobbled, but playing...

I'm wondering who will start for Kalscheur...Mashburn maybe?

I would say that Mashburn would start.  If we can't win this game with their injuries and their travel the last couple of days.  Also they are 0-7 on the road so we better come out and beat them from the start

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So with him and most likely Robbins the if we can't beat this team by 20 crowd will be out in full force later, right? Haha. 

Don't like injuries for anyone. Especially this time of year. 

Like Scott said, Kalscheur is a good defender, but his offense hasn't been great. 25% from 3. If they start Mashburn, he's only 28% but the kid can play.

Archived