Recruiting Outlook

Since the talk has calmed down tremendously this I thought I would start a discussion. We have 2 spots open for next year, so lets assume Romeo commits. Who else would Archie look at it? Or does he bank it for 2019?

Looking like we will have 2 open spots for 2019 if Romeo commits and stays past his freshman year. Jackson-Davis and Keion? That would give us Rob, Romeo, Jerome, Keion, Deron, Trayce.... That sounds like a scary group. If it all works out, which I am not holding my breath, IU could be back in the national fold.

I hope Romeo is the only iron in the 2018 fire. That leaves us room for two in 2019, given no transfers or early withdrawals. With a wishlist of Brooks, TJD, Watford, and Hurt, I think you prioritize Brooks and TJD in that group, even though they are lower ranked. I think it would be better for our long term recruiting in Indiana. Having an extra spot or two for Hurt or Watford would be gravy.

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I hope Romeo is the only iron in the 2018 fire. That leaves us room for two in 2019, given no transfers or early withdrawals. With a wishlist of Brooks, TJD, Watford, and Hurt, I think you prioritize Brooks and TJD in that group, even though they are lower ranked. I think it would be better for our long term recruiting in Indiana. Having an extra spot or two for Hurt or Watford would be gravy.

Hurt is an interesting one to me. Minnesota is considered the front runner as of now. But I know with the relationship he has with Race, IU has to be up there as well. Kentucky just offered him as well.

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Guess if it isn't gonna be IU RL chooses may as well play for a winner like Kansas versus Vandy.......

Wish I knew what it is/was about IU they are not sure about, other than a new coach. I mean L'ville was a leading spot for him, which I assume was proximity to home or promises of money? IDK.......

Could be the lack of emotion or the way guys act out on the floor...I just don't see a lot of enthusiasm from some players,JMO...maybe it's just me???

On 12/31/2017 at 9:54 AM, Seeking6 said:

If we miss on Romeo I'll gladly take those 2 scholarships and add grad transfers. Look at the impact Elijah Brown is having at Oregon. 

Jordan Tucker and a grad transfer would be great. If not, give McRoberts the scholarship for his last season. 

If Hemenway is a legit shooter, offer him yesterday.  It sounds like he moves well enough and is at least a willing defender. 

Always anticipate the next Bryant McIntosh who could beat our brains in.  

As we have seen this year and a couple of times with Crean, you need a full complement of shooters, or else.  

I think CAM has to move forward with recruiting his players. I'm not in favor of banking a scholly. This thread is kind of at odds with posts after games, complaining we don't have the talent to compete, these guys are competitors, etc. While I don't entirely agree with those thoughts, I do think CAM needs to continue to infuse new frosh talent to build the team to his needs.

38 minutes ago, CampHoosier said:

Is anyone else worried that we will only have one big? Clifton Moore would need a serious jump to back him up next season. Are we counting on Justin Smith to guard 5s? I feel like I'm the only one worried about this

It just got thinner with Davis being out

what impact has Ed Schilling had on Instate recruiting at this point?

was he instrumental on getting the 18 players to sign?  What do we see in the future that he is going to be able to lock down for us?

i was really hoping he’d make the difference in getting Romeo next year, but i really think we’ll be the 3rd place school in the final analysis

On 1/5/2018 at 1:51 PM, CampHoosier said:

Is anyone else worried that we will only have one big? Clifton Moore would need a serious jump to back him up next season. Are we counting on Justin Smith to guard 5s? I feel like I'm the only one worried about this

Davis, Morgan, Forrester, Smith, and Thompson. 

Seems like plenty of depth down low. 

Archived