Minnesota Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This team is totally pathetic.  Playing a team 0-7 on the road who shoots 34 percent on the road and scoring 63 points a game.  Already has 37 and can't miss from 3.  It never fails that this team just can't put it a complete game together.  Archie needs to leave the same lineup in when it gets going and don't stop momentum

They're 4/11 from three..  hardly can't miss. 

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

After watching this half i'm going to leave Archie alone( not his recruiting ). These kids are awful and half dont belong at IU. Making mistakes 5th graders make. Archie isnt teaching that.

He’s keeps playing the same ones over and over and over.  Lander isn’t any worse than Al or Rob and neither is Leal.

1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Archie is recruiting the best player he can.  HS kids these days don't care about IU the way we think they do.

We have a lot to sell but this isn't an easy job any more.  Archie can probably do a better job but, at the end of the day, this is gonna be a slog to get back to where we want.

We consistently play like this against team with less talent.  

After watching this half i'm going to leave Archie alone( not his recruiting ). These kids are awful and half dont belong at IU. Making mistakes 5th graders make. Archie isnt teaching that.

True but he continues to give the biggest offenders the most minutes....if he would use the bench to hold these guys accountable, some things may improve....he absolutely refuses to do so.  Archie can’t be shown the door soon enough !

I wouldn't say Archie doesn't deserve some blame in this pathetic half.  If he would stick with a lineup mote than a couple of  minutes.  I guess coaches are to afraid to play players big minutes any longer.  Use to the only times you saw subs was when guys got into foul trouble.  It started in the NBA where you have schedule subbing instead of watching what is going on the court.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Sick last play there Al.  But honestly not a terrible half to watch all things considered, even with the typically dumb officiating.  Both teams are evenly matched and came to play.  Looking like it’s going to go down to the wire again, gotta get this one.

1 OT or 2?

Not perfect by any means, but I think this board is overreacting a little bit. They’ve gotten to the basket too easy so far, but they hit at least 5 shots they had no business making. A few of those guys are already over their season averages. At some point we deserve some luck right? We got some at Northwestern, but when else have we caught a break? The effort is there and the D will tighten up in the second half. They won’t keep making shots at the same clip. Keep battling. 

Just now, Danomatic said:

Durham has gotta sit to start the second half. I can’t for the life of me understand why Arch doesn’t punish the upperclassmen for such boneheaded mistakes, like he does the freshmen. 

For a senior, that’s ridiculous.  Even if he were the smartest player of all time, he’d be average.  He’s not good enough to tolerate boneheaded plays from him. Nice kid, I’m sure, but he is a limited talent who needs to play harder and smarter than the kid in the other shirt.  

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Not perfect by any means, but I think this board is overreacting a little bit. They’ve gotten to the basket too easy so far, but they hit at least 5 shots they had no business making. A few of those guys are already over their season averages. At some point we deserve some luck right? We got some at Northwestern, but when else have we caught a break? The effort is there and the D will tighten up in the second half. They won’t keep making shots at the same clip. Keep battling. 

Teams consistently hit shots they have no reason to make against us. 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What I am more upset with is the defensive end and allowing a poor shooting to score 37 in the half.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You take a border line 2* kid and after 4 years this is about what you should expect. Looking at our starting backcourt and I don’t know what we expect. They just aren’t going to improve a lot. They’ve plateaued. In the end either Archie needs better talent (this) or he needs to get much better at player development. Looking at his brother at Arizona...I’d say he will only go as far as talent will carry him.

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Little Keet has started using this phrase when he is confused by something. I have no idea where he got it, but it fits tonight so I’m going to quote him. “What in the Bob Knight Era is going on here?!”

I've been saying that about Indiana basketball since circa 2003...

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't say Archie doesn't deserve some blame in this pathetic half.  If he would stick with a lineup mote than a couple of  minutes.  I guess coaches are to afraid to play players big minutes any longer.  Use to the only times you saw subs was when guys got into foul trouble.  It started in the NBA where you have schedule subbing instead of watching what is going on the court.

TJD can only run the floor for 4 or 5 mins at a time before he gets lazy on D. watch him this half you will see it.

Archived