Minnesota Game Thread

KDB

They hit a lot of shots but they were good looks.  Our defense was lackluster. 

I think we win this game. But the problem is that on a good day we tend to play even no matter who the opponent is.  There’s no such thing as getting a 5 point lead and then extending it to 10 and then 15.  So if you are biased to play even, the problem is you can lose at the end as we did to hapless Northwestern at home.

On a bad day, we get blown out.  

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

You take a border line 2* kid and after 4 years this is about what you should expect. Looking at our starting backcourt and I don’t know what we expect. They just aren’t going to improve a lot. They’ve plateaued. In the end either Archie needs better talent (this) or he needs to get much better at player development. Looking at his brother at Arizona...I’d say he will only go as far as talent will carry him.

Other schools Wisconsin and Purdue for example take guys ranked behind Al and they are productive players by their second year. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Little Keet has started using this phrase when he is confused by something. I have no idea where he got it, but it fits tonight so I’m going to quote him. “What in the Bob Knight Era is going on here?!”

I ain’t going to lie...Bob Knight should sue IU for ruining the legacy that he created here. This IU basketball team doesn’t even belong in the same sentence as Bob Knight.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You take a border line 2* kid and after 4 years this is about what you should expect. Looking at our starting backcourt and I don’t know what we expect. They just aren’t going to improve a lot. They’ve plateaued. In the end either Archie needs better talent (this) or he needs to get much better at player development. Looking at his brother at Arizona...I’d say he will only go as far as talent will carry him.

Thats why i said not his recruiting because he brought them here.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Archie called the team soft, which they are.  He himself seems to be soft sticking with the same mistakes from these upperclassman.  Free the freshmen!!! I can live with their mistakes over a 3-4 year guys.

This is what frustrates me.  He takes Lander and Geronimo out as soon as they make a mistake, but Durham, a senior gets to play through his mistakes.  Seems backwards.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Other schools Wisconsin and Purdue for example take guys ranked behind Al and they are productive players by their second year. 

I was curious about Justice Sueing of OSU.  He was rated like 170 and was a three star.  Yet he kept beating anyone we put on him off the bounce at will.  Hunter at the same size was rated much, much higher and doesn’t have that facet to his game.  Now, he obviously lost a year and hopefully can develop it.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This team is a disgrace to IU basketball

I’ve wanted to start a petition to get their stars removed from their uniform. They don’t deserve to be recognized for what others have worked hard and earned. This team has barely earned the right to have the name on the front as it is.

Archived