Michigan State Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, rico said:

Always a bad idea to tangle with a wounded animal.  That is where I stand with Sparty.

I have watched them a few times.  The only way you can tell this is a Izzo coached team is because you see Tom on the sideline.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, about this team screams Spartan basketball.  

No real leadership, and no real fight to this group...Xavier Tillman would have been kicking arses with this bunch by now...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rico said:

Yep.

Yeah...I can't figure that kid out...He has all the physical talent in the world, but his head isn't in the right place...He makes some really poor decisions...

Hoggard does some goood things at the point, but he's more a combo, and only a freshman...And Foster Loyer isn't even a B1G point guard...Doesn't shoot it well enough to justify the abuse he gets on the defensive end, as @IU Scott says...

And I think Henry is more a follower than a leader...He's trying...But he's just not cut out for that...

Ah well, I guess even Izzo deserves a chit once in a while...

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...I can't figure that kid out...He has all the physical talent in the world, but his head isn't in the right place...He makes some really poor decisions...

Hoggard does some goood things at the point, but he's more a combo, and only a freshman...And Foster Loyer isn't even a B1G point guard...Doesn't shoot it well enough to justify the abuse he gets on the defensive end, as @IU Scott says...

And I think Henry is more a follower than a leader...He's trying...But he's just not cut out for that...

Ah well, I guess even Izzo deserves a chit once in a while...

A bit off topic, but has anyone else noticed that the legends of coaching are all pretty much struggling this year.  Izzo, Williams, and K.  Hell, throw Cal into that group.  Seems like I am in the bizzaro world.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

A bit off topic, but has anyone else noticed that the legends of coaching are all pretty much struggling this year.  Izzo, Williams, and K.  Hell, throw Cal into that group.  Seems like I am in the bizzaro world.

No one outruns Mother Nature or Father Time...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

No one outruns Mother Nature or Father Time...

LOL.  But Izzo is the one that intrigues me the most.  Seems like a lot of his best squads struggle early then kick it into gear come conference season.  This year it looks like their teams in more focused on spring break than The Big Dance.

1 minute ago, rico said:

LOL.  But Izzo is the one that intrigues me the most.  Seems like a lot of his best squads struggle early then kick it into gear come conference season.  This year it looks like their teams in more focused on spring break than The Big Dance.

Yeah, this year it was the opposite...looked good early, but teams figured them out...They were ranked #4 in December...

22 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I would like that also,not because of anything against MSU. I want to do that for our teams psyche. Going forward that would be a big boost! 

That was exactly my thought too. They’ve had plenty of close games to gain confidence in that department. I just feel like an old fashioned beat down of another team might kick their confidence to another level. 

22 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

What I wouldn’t give to jump on them early tomorrow and pound them wire to wire. 

They played pretty well at Purdue. Lost by 10, but that game resembled our game against Minnesota, with the Boilers only up 3 with 3 minutes to go. 

I think it'll be another slugfest, with IU pulling away late...

Just like Minny...

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They played pretty well at Purdue. Lost by 10, but that game resembled our game against Minnesota, with the Boilers only up 3 with 3 minutes to go. 

I think it'll be another slugfest, with IU pulling away late...

Just like Minny...

I agree, but a boy can dream can’t he?  

I know they’ve struggled most of the year, but if they put the pieces together, they could be dangerous. I hope they don’t put them together tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree, but a boy can dream can’t he?  

I know they’ve struggled most of the year, but if they put the pieces together, they could be dangerous. I hope they don’t put them together tomorrow. 

I heard from a little parakeet that this IU team is happiest when they have our fanbase in full convulsions...

😁

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I hope we beat the crap out of them, get every call, and have someone like Race hit 5 threes just so that Izzo can whine about it. 

That guy is a despicable human being. 

I hate Izzo and his team so much. Ready for us to apply a beatdown on this POS university. They’ve protected criminals and rapists for far too long. 

Archived