Michigan State Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't really get the hate on Izzo.  he's a great coach and of course we are condemning him because he's responsible for the trainer?  😔

I can only speak for myself, but my dislike for him as a coach has nothing to do with that. It's because he whines like a petulant child anytime something doesn't go his way, berates officials with frequency, and rarely gives credit to his opponents when they beat him. 

Now, my hatred of him as an individual, that does stem from him playing cover up for sexual assaulters and intimidating witnesses. I'm not even sure what you're talking about with a trainer?  If you're thinking Izzo is guilty just by association of being at Rape U, you're wrong. Izzo leads a basketball program with a systemic rape problem. 

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I can only speak for myself, but my dislike for him as a coach has nothing to do with that. It's because he whines like a petulant child anytime something doesn't go his way, berates officials with frequency, and rarely gives credit to his opponents when they beat him. 

Now, my hatred of him as an individual, that does stem from him playing cover up for sexual assaulters and intimidating witnesses. I'm not even sure what you're talking about with a trainer?  If you're thinking Izzo is guilty just by association of being at Rape U, you're wrong. Izzo leads a basketball program with a systemic rape problem. 

Whine?  Cmon man.   He's as cool as a cucumber. 

illini-msu-002.gif

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

That pretty much sums up the way I feel about Izzo...

You know, I watch pretty much every IU post game interview, including the rival coach and players. The only 2 coaches I ever see giving the other team credit are Archie and Chris Collins.

The rest of them whine like turbine engines when they lose, and gloat like a peacock when they win.

MSU Coach Izzo is shaking up his lineup.  PG Loyer is out and Hoggard is to start.  But that's not all.  Regardless IU 72 - MSU 63.

Will MSU try to slow Phin?  Will TJD be helped by excellent assists?  Will Hunter score in double digits? Will Lander miss 3 3-point shots in a row?  Will MSU score at will in the paint?  Will Race have a breakout day?  Will TJD hit 70% of his frees?  Will Archie Miller show more emotion than Izzo?  Will Archie Miller have some fun?

Stay tuned.

10 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

MSU Coach Izzo is shaking up his lineup.  PG Loyer is out and Hoggard is to start.  But that's not all.  Regardless IU 72 - MSU 63.

Will MSU try to slow Phin?  Will TJD be helped by excellent assists?  Will Hunter score in double digits? Will Lander miss 3 3-point shots in a row?  Will MSU score at will in the paint?  Will Race have a breakout day?  Will TJD hit 70% of his frees?  Will Archie Miller show more emotion than Izzo?  Will Archie Miller have some fun?

Stay tuned.

Loyer was in a shoulder brace last game, and I had heard that he might not play for a few games with a shoulder injury...

To be honest, I'd rather see Loyer out there than Hoggard or Watts...

If Izzo watched our Minny game, and I'm sure he did, he'll have Henry and Hoggard driving the ball into the lane to try and finish...

Might be a good idea to have Al take Langford, since he's more of an outside/medium range shooter, and have Rob on Hoggard (who can get to the basket) or Watts, and Armaan on Henry...

From what I've seen, those two aren't as good as getting to the lane and finishing as Williams, Mashburn, and Carr are, but I'm sure they'll try...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Loyer was in a shoulder brace last game, and I had heard that he might not play for a few games with a shoulder injury...

To be honest, I'd rather see Loyer out there than Hoggard or Watts...

True that Loyer is out due to injury.  Watts wasn't effective as PG because of his turnovers.  Word is that Watts told Izzo that he did not want to play PG.  He is more of a SG.  But then Loyer went down.  Izzo is scrambling.

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You know, I watch pretty much every IU post game interview, including the rival coach and players. The only 2 coaches I ever see giving the other team credit are Archie and Chris Collins.

The rest of them whine like turbine engines when they lose, and gloat like a peacock when they win.

I was impressed by Chris Collins he seems like a genuinely good dude 

3 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

Word is that Watts told Izzo that he did not want to play PG.  He is more of a SG. 

I hadn't heard that, but that's very interesting...I think anyone who has the kid's ear should tell him if he wants the play in the league someday, PG is the route he wants to take...

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I was impressed by Chris Collins he seems like a genuinely good dude 

He does...and I thought he was a decent coach, but this year is indefensible for him. He's got some talent, and they started out well, but right now they're the second worse team in the B1G and there's no explanation for that...

The good news for him is, he doesn't have a senior on the roster...if he's around to coach them next year...

7 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

True that Loyer is out due to injury.  Watts wasn't effective as PG because of his turnovers.  Word is that Watts told Izzo that he did not want to play PG.  He is more of a SG.  But then Loyer went down.  Izzo is scrambling.

Season almost over and the kid tells Izzo that now? Haha. 

Regarding game. I won't change much at all in our formula to win. TJD comes out strong. Prepared to dish quickly when double team and guys hit the open shots. If we do that. We win by 10.  Really hoping Rob can start stacking some good games together....and I hope he knows how good he and our team is when he's driving. 

Speaking of stacking good games together. Same for Jerome. I like him in our lineup with Race/TJD more than other options but only way Archie can do that is he delivers.

I say IU 81 Michigan St 69

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

To be fair to Hoiberg, I've only seen him gloat once this year.  :coffee:

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I forgot about Fred. He's usually pretty fair in his assessment of a game...

I've always been a fan of Fred. Got a chance to have a few beers with him back in his Pacers days. Not to derail but it's ironic speaking about Fred and Collins. At different times I wanted both to be our coach. 

Back to Sparty. Izzo (kind of like Knight) is only complimentary when he knows he can beat you time and time again. Izzo looks like a guy who has one last run in him with his haul of kids coming in next year and beyond. After that his days of Big 10 dominance are done. Conference is stacked with coaches/recruiters especially in the areas where he used to cherry pick. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Izzo looks like a guy who has one last run in him with his haul of kids coming in next year and beyond.

He's got a ton of talent now. 3 top 50 and 9 top 100 according to RSCI. 

I think the problem is he's not ran into his next Draymond Green type leader. Sparty seems to always have one of those kids under Izzo, starting with Cleaves...

But not this year...

Archived