Hockey Thread

Stlboiler23

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didn’t see any other place for it but do we have any big hockey fans on here? Who are your teams?

My 16 year old son follows hockey.  His main team is the Blackhawks.  I think he likes a couple of other teams as well.  We were watching a hoops game earlier this week and kept flipping the channel to a hockey game during commercials.  

I showed my ignorance by saying something like 'it being the 2nd or 3rd game of the season'.  I literally thought they just came back from Covid.  Had no idea thy had already played 15-20 games.  

Fell in love with both soccer and hockey.  Soccer while at IU in the mid 70's.  Rented a house at 505 E 5th Street.  The Phi Oh Phi house.  Had soccer players there. The game is fun to watch when it is on Big Ten Network.  I can sit and watch whole games but my wife can't.  

Hockey is a great sport. Went to UW-Madison after graduating in Business at IU-B. Had season tickets to the football games and to hockey.  Hockey at UW was a magical experience.  "Is dis not dee winnig net? Yah dis is dee winnig net!   Is dat not dee losing net? Yah dat is dee losing net!"  

Been to watch OSU vs UW in Columbus OH.  Been to some semi-pro games here in Dayton OH.  Up in Madison WI, each high school flooded their practice football field and voila it is a hockey rink.  Great place to ice skate...near where I lived up there.  And the lakes, too.  Have my own skates...but not even decent on them any more with my bad back. 

Baseball and basketball were huge in my neighborhood in Evansville when I was in grade and high schools.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rico said:

Just heard where Komet legend is Terry McDougal is wanted by the police.

They found him. Weird story and not all the details out yet. He was involved in a hit and run accident and then disappeared. His daughter is the one who requested a search for him. Almost made it seem like he has some possible mental health issues 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They found him. Weird story and not all the details out yet. He was involved in a hit and run accident and then disappeared. His daughter is the one who requested a search for him. Almost made it seem like he has some possible mental health issues 

Just coming here to post basically what you just did.

Yeah, it is a weird story.  Just hope he is alright.  Hearing that name this morning brought back memories of trips to the Coliseum.

Archived