Fans Allowed at NCAA Tournament Games

Good News: The NCAA is going to allow fans to attend tournament games up to 25% capacity:

https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-to-allow-fans-at-2021-NCAA-Tournament-set-to-be-in-Indianapolis--161159276/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Less Good News:

IU’s pathetic administration is only going to allow 500 fans in Assembly Hall (2.9% of its 17,000+ capacity):

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Good News: The NCAA is going to allow fans to attend tournament games up to 25% capacity:

https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-to-allow-fans-at-2021-NCAA-Tournament-set-to-be-in-Indianapolis--161159276/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Less Good News:

IU’s pathetic administration is only going to allow 500 fans in Assembly Hall (2.9% of its 17,000+ capacity):

Sweet one step closer to the final four for me.

6 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

How embarrassing. 

Let another Indiana school host the games then. 

yes it is Embarrassing. IU med team. What a joke. They are testing students twice a week. There is no reason for students to not be allowed in AH to watch IU play. They dont talk about the 200 house parties around town every night. Its smoke and mirrors for the media to make it look like IU is doing wonders. They are not. Campus police arent even breaking up parties anymore.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

yes it is Embarrassing. IU med team. What a joke. They are testing students twice a week. There is no reason for students to not be allowed in AH to watch IU play. They dont talk about the 200 house parties around town every night. Its smoke and mirrors for the media to make it look like IU is doing wonders. They are not. Campus police arent even breaking up parties anymore.

Could this decision be the county decision and not IU

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is embarrassing and I for one hope when we get in the tourney we get sent to Hinkle or elsewhere where somehow 25% capacity will be maxed out. McRobbie and a few others can't exit stage left soon enough. I'd almost applaud the tourney being moved from Assembly Hall. 

IU can't play in AH if they make the tournament just like PU won't be able to play in Mackey

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is embarrassing and I for one hope when we get in the tourney we get sent to Hinkle or elsewhere where somehow 25% capacity will be maxed out. McRobbie and a few others can't exit stage left soon enough. I'd almost applaud the tourney being moved from Assembly Hall. 

How do you know this is an IU thing and not a mandate from the county

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Looks like Purdue will be allowing just under 2,000 to attend.  Still insanely dumb that it’s not the full 25%, but better than IU.

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/4507127001

My friends daughter is playing at semi state this weekend. 1000 fans in attendance. No problems. I think their game is in Jeffersonville.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My friends daughter is playing at semi state this weekend. 1000 fans in attendance. No problems. I think their game is in Jeffersonville.

Meanwhile, the state of Illinois has a 2.8% positivity rate, the lowest since this all started, and gatherings are still limited to 50 people.  This stopped being about the “science” a long time ago.  Infuriating.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Meanwhile, the state of Illinois has a 2.8% positivity rate, the lowest since this all started, and gatherings are still limited to 50 people.  This stopped being about the “science” a long time ago.  Infuriating.

Have friends and family throughout the state. High school football starting up. Lower level college football firing up. Absolute joke. Glad they can play for sure...but seasons should be done. Good friend of mine's son is a junior and is attracting scholarship offers in football and baseball. Which one to play this spring?

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ok, ive got an idea.  Its a little outa the box, but hear me out.....we play the 1st 2 rounds of the tourney at Home Depots, Menards, Lowes and Walmarts all over the state.  Each store gets one game per round.  I would bet my ex's left leg that there are more than 500 people in any number of those places at one time. 

Archived