Just to put things in perspective.

jojo123

Are any of you on here Cincinnati Reds baseball fans? If so we have had a very long drought. As a fan it seems like an eternity right. Think about this as long as it has been (1990) it has been even longer for all of us Hoosier fans. Our program has fallen to such depths. they went after and took down a dynasty. I hope we can recover, but the history of fallen dynasties returning to its former glory is not! 

Why did they not go after KY with all the corruption, that even continues today?  

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I am a Reds fan.  And, at some point, I can't pin down the exact time, I became numb to the losing.  The same thing would likely happen at some point with IU basketball should our current trend continue.

As a Cub fan it was worse...but what did the Cubs do to remedy it. They tore it down went out and hired the hottest GM in baseball, got a guru coach and the rest is history. Not sure IU would make any of those moves.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:26 PM, dgambill said:

As a Cub fan it was worse...but what did the Cubs do to remedy it. They tore it down went out and hired the hottest GM in baseball, got a guru coach and the rest is history. Not sure IU would make any of those moves.

Chicago = big market......Cincinnati = small market.  Apples and oranges, IMHO.   😊

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Chicago = big market......Cincinnati = small market.  Apples and oranges, IMHO.   😊

Small market San Diego just spent $800M on their infield. Difference between them and Cincy is commitment from ownership....and in a lot of ways similar to IU. Some down there haven't wanted IU Hoops to ever be as big as it once was. 

On 2/20/2021 at 9:18 AM, jojo123 said:

Are any of you on here Cincinnati Reds baseball fans? If so we have had a very long drought. As a fan it seems like an eternity right. Think about this as long as it has been (1990) it has been even longer for all of us Hoosier fans. Our program has fallen to such depths. they went after and took down a dynasty. I hope we can recover, but the history of fallen dynasties returning to its former glory is not! 

Why did they not go after KY with all the corruption, that even continues today?  

They DID NOT CAUSE OR WENT AFTER US!!! WE DID WHAT WAS RIGHT AND TURNED OURSEVLES IN. OVER PHONE CALLS. WE SENT OUT OUR RESRICTIONS WE GUTTED OUR PROGRAM! THE NCAA ACCEPTED OUR PENALTIES!! We did what was deemed right! MOOROON OUT😉WHITE SOX FAN HERE Looks like I may be getting a good team and a chance!

2 minutes ago, loviubb said:

They DID NOT CAUSE OR WENT AFTER US!!! WE DID WHAT WAS RIGHT AND TURNED OURSEVLES IN. OVER PHONE CALLS. WE SENT OUT OUR RESRICTIONS WE GUTTED OUR PROGRAM! THE NCAA ACCEPTED OUR PENALTIES!! We did what was deemed right! MOOROON OUT😉

Our admin went after Knight for years and took down the dynasty and have been holding it down since. 

6 minutes ago, loviubb said:

They DID NOT CAUSE OR WENT AFTER US!!! WE DID WHAT WAS RIGHT AND TURNED OURSEVLES IN. OVER PHONE CALLS. WE SENT OUT OUR RESRICTIONS WE GUTTED OUR PROGRAM! THE NCAA ACCEPTED OUR PENALTIES!! We did what was deemed right! MOOROON OUT😉WHITE SOX FAN HERE Looks like I may be getting a good team and a chance!

The reason we dismantled the roster wasn't because of Sampson phone calls. The players were kicked off the team because of their character and drug use.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know we did but it was the right thing to do

I agree but the Admin. was then and still are holding us back. IU WAS THE BIG 10 IN MBB WITH CRMK and the NCCA HATED CRMK IU Admin wanted CRMK gone they both got their wishes to come true. IU MBB have not recovered since. Any time we become close to being relevant again (CTC years) we always have the toughest path in the Ncca championship. Or the Admin. puts limits on IU MBB COACH!! I like CTC a lot for bringing us ( IU)back but it was time to move on. I am a CAM fan but not sure if he is the right hire after all. As I said earlier injuries really have set CAM back. But also he is the coach and IT is his WIN-LOSS  that matters. Sorry not so much to me at times win or lose but how we play!!! We should be able to play hard every game on CAM or on Players they REPRESENT IU !!!!

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I agree but the Admin. was then and still are holding us back. IU WAS THE BIG 10 IN MBB WITH CRMK and the NCCA HATED CRMK IU Admin wanted CRMK gone they both got their wishes to come true. IU MBB have not recovered since. Any time we become close to being relevant again (CTC years) we always have the toughest path in the Ncca championship. Or the Admin. puts limits on IU MBB COACH!! I like CTC a lot for bringing us ( IU)back but it was time to move on. I am a CAM fan but not sure if he is the right hire after all. As I said earlier injuries really have set CAM back. But also he is the coach and IT is his WIN-LOSS  that matters.

I don't believe for one second that the selection committee makes it harder for IU than any other team.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't believe for one second that the selection committee makes it harder for IU than any other team.

IU was the only team that could defeat Kentucky when Cody was here and they set up to early! If Kentucky did not make 34 out of 35 free t.  we could have very well have had number 6

8 minutes ago, loviubb said:

IU was the only team that could defeat Kentucky when Cody was here and they set up to early! If Kentucky did not make 34 out of 35 free t.  we could have very well have had number 6

Still don't believe it was intentional.  I have heard from to many people that went through the mock process and guys that have actually been in the room.  When they seed and place teams they never look at teams and who the opponent is until they out the teams in the bracket.

Also that 2012 IU team wouldn't have won the championship that year even beating UK.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Still don't believe it was intentional.  I have heard from to many people that went through the mock process and guys that have actually been in the room.  When they seed and place teams they never look at teams and who the opponent is until they out the teams in the bracket.

I still believe CRMK is still in there thoughts!!! As a many Refs thoughts. And I can't as I would blame them. CRMK Was and still is what a lot of these coaches learned or seen in person how it effects the game!! I think Izzo learned from CRMK what it takes too get the refs calling in his favor ' Coach Jud and CKnight good friends!

Just now, loviubb said:

I still believe CRMK is still in there thoughts!!! As a many Refs thoughts. And I can't as I would blame them. CRMK Was and still is what a lot of these coaches learned or seen in person how it effects the game!! I think Izzo learned from CRMK what it takes too get the refs calling in his favor ' Coach Jud and CKnight good friends!

Whatever you think but no way what RMK did 20+ years ago has any influence on how the refs or the NCAA treats IU today

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Whatever you think but no way what RMK did 20+ years ago has any influence on how the refs or the NCAA treats IU today

What is so funny about the truth Loviubb.  This is one of the craziest things I have ever heard.  The people in charge of the NCAA and the refs are not the same people that were in charge when RMK was in charge.

Archived