MSU Post Game

Hoosierfan1901

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Doesn't sound like Trayce's brother likes Dakich. 

https://twitter.com/Tayvenjacksonn2/status/1363310234278764547?s=20

I love a younger brother sticking up for an older brother.  Just wish TJD didn’t “retweet” it.  It’s not that big of a deal but was hoping he would block out the outside noise that is social media.  Easier said then done by most however.

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I love a younger brother sticking up for an older brother.  Just wish TJD didn’t “retweet” it.  It’s not that big of a deal but was hoping he would block out the outside noise that is social media.  Easier said then done by most however.

That is one thing that Leary had been Knocking about our players.  He complains that right after a win they go to social media and are to full of themselves.

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

Say what you will, but Tom Izzo still has nightmares about Justin Smith.  Since you responded, and have flipped sides, who is your choice for a replacement coach?

That is the problem that everyone who would be a great hire is not available.  My top choice and isn't a guarantee is Chris Beard and the last couple of years hasn't been elite.  I would go out of the box and look at Keith Smart and have an experience former college HC to come with him

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Then I guess I've given you too much credit...

Today, when Izzo put Gabe Brown in and played him for 29 minutes, after playing him for 11, 20, and 13 in the last 3, why do you think he did that?

Totally agree with this. If Houser stays in the game we win. Houser didn't play the last 10 minutes because Izzo found something that worked during the game and stuck with it. I call that good coaching.

39 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What did Dakich say that offended?  I actually don’t know.  Honest question. I’m not surprised with anything with him. 

I'm actually putting myself through the pain of watching the replay right now.... He has praised TJD several times. I'm stumped. 

Another note on the game, it was one of the better officiated games I've seen all year. 

Results.  That is coaching.  And as year 4 draws to a close, Archie and his approach may be his own worst enemy.  His stubborn sticking with the lineup we have seen most of the year (Galloway started a few) is head-scratching.  

Archie tolerating the woeful guard play is hard to keep watching.  Some would say, “what options does he have, Lander is not ready.”  Lander handles the ball well enough in stretches to get some time.  The adjustment that COULD be made is adding more Jerome Hunter and only having Phin or Al on court one at a time.  Major college basketball teams cannot succeed with and 0-10, 0-6 from 3, combined.  And production from these 2, and consistency, has clearly held this team back often and throughout the year.  

Guys getting time from here:

Trayce

Race

Jerome

Aarman

use minutes to fill needs and matchups from here, but not Rob and Al together.  

Jerome Hunter getting starter minutes the rest of the year gives him motivation going into the off-season.  We know what we will get from Al and Rob, and it is far below Big Ten Conference successful guard play

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What did Dakich say that offended?  I actually don’t know.  Honest question. I’m not surprised with anything with him. 

I don’t remember the exact quote, but basically said earlier in the year that TJD was being selfish. Something along the lines of how things got better when TJD started thinking of others instead of himself. 

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Step dad chimed in too.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care what league  you play in because you should be able to hit your shots from 3 feet away.  I have seen IU guards in the past shoot better from 2 than what TJD and Race shoots from inside.

Trayce is not the problem with this team. Has a career day scoring 34 points but let’s complain about him. He has had his struggles early in games...I think he just gets a bit rushed...but come on Scott..many times he is undersized. He is going up against bigger guys. You act like no one is guarding him. The B1G has probably the best group of big men in the country...banging him on every shot. We all want him to hit every shot but it ain’t easy when guards are digging and 6’10 guys have a hand in your face. 53% isn’t terrible. I’d like to see it closer to last years percentage but even Shaq only shot 58% in NBA. If you want to complain at somebody shooting maybe start with our senior who is shooting 38% from 2...

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That is one thing that Leary had been Knocking about our players.  He complains that right after a win they go to social media and are to full of themselves.

If social media existed when he played he would have too. I don’t see anyone being a problem with it on this team. In Leary’s day there were much fewer distractions...these kids are dealing with a pandemic on top of all the trappings of modern youth.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Fortunately, I was fishing.  I guess I won't watch this one.  All I got.

I missed first half taking my daughter to the beach. We had a stretch there in the second we looked good but Henry just took over. Again we had issues with dribble penetration. Henry getting into the lane, Watts...a lot of kick out 3s when help defense came. Have to stop dribble penetration. Henry got anything he wanted...he was a matchup nightmare for us...to big for our smaller wings to quick for bigger guys. State finally got big contributions from their big time recruits. Hadn’t seen them do that all year...had to be us.

Archived