MSU Post Game

Hoosierfan1901

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

Look again because I said I don't think Brunk would have made much of a difference in this season.  People was hoping his minutes get reduced to about 10 minutes a game and I don't think we would be in the top of the league with him.  Funny how now he is not playing he is the savior of this team.  The reason we are not winning is Archie's lack of recruiting top guards and that is on him.

No one said he was "the savior of the team." I said he crippled our front court depth.

Do you agree of not?

52 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

People who are sure as heck that we're missing the tournament are smoking something, IMO.  I'm not ready to guarantee we'll make it, but we're a lot closer to making it than missing it.

Idk... We definitely still have a shot, but I’d say it’s now more likely than not that we’re going to miss it.  Going to have to finish 2-2 over this last stretch to have a chance, and then we’d likely have another play-in game in the BTT to be locks to make it in.  Hard to feel very confident that we’re going to win two games @Rutgers, vs. Michigan, @MSU, @Purdue at this point.  And even if we did, then we’re going to have win another game in the BTT where we’ll likely be underdogs.

I know I am frustrated and being a blowhard today but I am tired being et down by this team.  Every time you think they have turned a corner then they fall flat on their face.  Like after the last 10+ minutes against Minnesota I thought they turned a little corner with their offensive execution and hoped it would lead the next game.  Even though we started 19-6 we still did not execute the offense real well and then starting taking to many 3's.   

I just don't understand why coaches are so stubborn and willing to make changes to the way they coach,  I see it in football where a DC has a certain way of playing defense and will not change even if they are getting torched.  There is no better example of coaches actually making changes and that is Bob Huggins.  The last few years he was a full court pressing team and scored a lot off of turnovers.  After Carter left and few others he realized his team couldn't play the same way.  Now they play half court defense and has an up-tempo offense that scores in the 80's regularly.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Our front court is playing fine. Our guard play being terrible is why we have not been good enough.  

All 4 years under Archie our front court has been our strength. 

Exactly because today Brunk couldn't made a difference because TJD and Race combined for around 50 points.

19 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Idk... We definitely still have a shot, but I’d say it’s now more likely than not that we’re going to miss it.  Going to have to finish 2-2 over this last stretch to have a chance, and then we’d likely have another play-in game in the BTT to be locks to make it in.  Hard to feel very confident that we’re going to win two games @Rutgers, vs. Michigan, @MSU, @Purdue at this point.  And even if we did, then we’re going to have win another game in the BTT where we’ll likely be underdogs.

The fact that we question beating Rutgers really grosses me out. It's to the point I cant even insult Rutgers anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Our front court is playing fine. Our guard play being terrible is why we have not been good enough.  

All 4 years under Archie our front court has been our strength. 

The most ridiculous thing to me is he was a point guard in college yet hasn't produced reliable guard play. What's up with that?

Just now, IUFLA said:

Then I guess I've given you too much credit...

Today, when Izzo put Gabe Brown in and played him for 29 minutes, after playing him for 11, 20, and 13 in the last 3, why do you think he did that?

I would agree with you more if TJD and race was not playing as well.  Those guys can play 30+ minutes a game so there is not that many minutes for Brunk.  Also when he is playing well Hunter being the stretch 4 is pretty good replacement.  If Brunk was a point guard or a good shooter I would totally agree with you.  So maybe instead of 12-10 we might be 13-9 with him

All I have to say if Archie wants to be the long term coach he will have to swallow some pride and make changes to how he coaches.  He has to change how the pace he plays and try to go back and recruit the type of kids he recruited at Dayton.  Not saying talent level but the hard nose bull dog type of players he had.  His really good teams had a bull dog at PG and they were usually around 6'3 and built strong.  Maybe the higher ranked recruits don't have those qualities but we need to get the ones that are.

22 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The fact that we question beating Rutgers really grosses me out. It's to the point I cant even insult Rutgers anymore. 

That was how I felt when we started to lose to UW and NW because that use to never happen.  I think we had a 31 game winning streak to UW and now we can't beat them very often.

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie should really demand the person in charge of his recruiting do better 

I think he is doing better. Just his first two classes struck out...even though we all thought the Romeo, Rob, Damezi class was going to be epic. Goes to show we were all wrong!

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw that Drew Timme for Gonzaga shoots 67% from the field.  To me there is no reason that TJD shouldn't hit  at least 60% since all of his shots are within 3 feet.

You do realize what conference Gonzaga plays in. You don’t think Trayce would shoot 67% as well?

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he is doing better. Just his first two classes struck out...even though we all thought the Romeo, Rob, Damezi class was going to be epic. Goes to show we were all wrong!

Maybe. But how long do you give a guy who can’t go .500+ in conference.  Has their been a single successful coach this century that couldn’t go above .500 in their conference in 4 years 

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The thing is that we knew Romeo was a one and done and probably wouldn't have a huge impact for the long term.  In the long run we would have been better off with Henry instead of Romeo.

Archived