MSU Post Game

Hoosierfan1901

It’s a testament to the history this program built that it can still draw ratings and support. 

The apathy I feel and that I’m hearing from what I consider die-hard fans is stunning. 

It’s hard not to feel that we’re a bunch of pawns in some sick game. If we’re such a great and supportive fan base, why isn’t there more of a sense of urgency to get this right by the brass? 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We need to stop measuring this team on whether it makes the tournament or not.  Simply making the tournament does not suddenly make this team a contender, which is what we all want.  

The IU program we all want simply does not lose this game.  They just don't.

I agree. 

Im just measuring the NCAA tournament as a minimum to keep Archie for another year. He is likely back, but I also think some with $$ and influence will pony up if a coach they want is available. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well I e-mailed Dolson a few weeks ago to voice my displeasure where the program was but didn't mention anything about Archie.  Today I just e-mailed him once again but this time to say that a coaching change needs to be made at the end of the year.  I mentioned how so many long time fans are fed up and they really don't care about IU basketball any longer.  I will still watch every game hoping we win but as long as Archie hear I don't expect much more than a .500 record at best.  I told him if he starts losing fans like me who has followed IU for ov r45 years then your program will be in deep trouble.

I think it’s wonderful that we can email the AD but if you think they care one bit about the emails they receive (or even if they read them), you’re fooling yourself IMO. 

First half we were going pretty good! Then he brings in the second string. All momentum is lost. Lander is just NOT READY!!! He must have set some kind of record for air balls! He is talented but not ready, I doubt if he will ever be a shooter. Al makes SO MANY terrible passes. Please, God let us recruit some shooters! If Archie can't find better shooters he SHOULD be run out of town on a rail!!! I feel sorry for Jackson Davis, he gets NO HELP!!!

3 minutes ago, dcHoosier said:

It’s a testament to the history this program built that it can still draw ratings and support. 

The apathy I feel and that I’m hearing from what I consider die-hard fans is stunning. 

It’s hard not to feel that we’re a bunch of pawns in some sick game. If we’re such a great and supportive fan base, why isn’t there more of a sense of urgency to get this right by the brass? 

IU’s administration could not care less about building a winning basketball program.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think it’s wonderful that we can email the AD but if you think they care one bit about the emails they receive (or even if they read them), you’re fooling yourself IMO. 

If Santa Claus can read, and act on,  all the mail he gets, then I expect nothing less from IU's Athletic Director.  

Probably unpopular, but I don't think I can hang all of this on CAM. He's not getting any sort of consistent play out of his two upperclassmen guards, one of which wasn't even his recruit. He's going to have to own that he missed on Rob, barring some magical transformation in the next week or two, but the lack of consistent guard play from these two is killing this team. I'm not sure there's much CAM can do about this - Lander simply isn't ready to play big minutes, and the other options are extremely limited as well.

The plan of getting older is a good one, but it's pretty much worthless if your older players give you this kind of production.

The inability to close out and win games at home that we should win is just a killer for this coaching staff.  

We can convince ourselves that every opponent is good the way Bill Belichick pretends to.  But we simply aren’t reliable even against the lower level teams.  We saw them. MSU doesn’t have enough talent.  We saw the same thing with Northwestern at home.   So if you are 2-20 or whatever against the top programs, but also still aren’t even reliable against the bottom feeders, what are you, then?

This off-season is huge.  We need to hit 2022 recruiting hard.  That way we might have a roster built to win, even if we have a new coach coming in that year.  It’s not like the NFL where you can suck for Luck.  We need to get building blocks in place and make this program attractive.  

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

IU’s administration could not care less about building a winning basketball program.

People say this all the time.  I get that McRobbie may not give a hoot.  But, I would have to think that the majority of people in the administration understand how important it is.  

Just now, AxnJxn said:

Probably unpopular, but I don't think I can hang all of this on CAM. He's not getting any sort of consistent play out of his two upperclassmen guards, one of which wasn't even his recruit. He's going to have to own that he missed on Rob, barring some magical transformation in the next week or two, but the lack of consistent guard play from these two is killing this team. I'm not sure there's much CAM can do about this - Lander simply isn't ready to play big minutes, and the other options are extremely limited as well.

The plan of getting older is a good one, but it's pretty much worthless if your older players give you this kind of production.

Archie has utterly failed to build a roster than can compete in the Big Ten.  By this point in his tenure Crean had built a contender.  Archie is so much worse than Crean it’s not even funny.

5 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Evidently the person whose name is on the arena isn’t happy. So there is a chance she is posting under the name Scott. 

Crean and the Administration struck again!!!!

When Archie pulled the guys on a roll I’m almost positive that Robbie was telling him, in the earpiece the administration secretly forces him to wear, to sub in some of the bench players because they looked sad. How can we blame Archie for that?

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

What you say is correct, but the "buck" has to stop somewhere however fair that is.  

I still see no decision on CAM's future being made for 13 months. At this point I don't think he's acquitted/proven himself, but we don't make the decision or determine when one will be made.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

People say this all the time.  I get that McRobbie may not give a hoot.  But, I would have to think that the majority of people in the administration understand how important it is.  

Yeah, frankly, they should be fired if they're ignoring a pretty good cash cow. I don't know what the actual numbers are, but I'd wager that basketball runs heavy in the black, and then you add in some pretty big donors like Cuban who also follow the program. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

They absolutely do not.  As evidenced by the fact that they’re not letting more than 500 people into the tournament games.  As evidenced by the fact that they’d never allow a coach to recruit like he’s at an elite program.  As evidenced by the fact that they would never, ever consider paying a legit coach big time money to come to IU.  The program is pathetic in every aspect.

Archived