Jump to content

MSU Post Game


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think it’s wonderful that we can email the AD but if you think they care one bit about the emails they receive (or even if they read them), you’re fooling yourself IMO. 

That’s why I call them and speak to a person! I don’t think they really care about that either it just makes me feel a little better 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

No doubt. But it might have been a first come, first served problem.  The problem is Henry was really blowing up at the end and I heard buzz he liked IU.  He was a bit of a late bloomer.  You’d know better than me because of your connection to the dad, but everything I read at the time was we had a good shot at Henry.  He may had sour grapes later and stories change. 

Anderson, Hunter and Race Thompson all committed with 24 hours of Aaron Henry receiving an offer from Indiana. Those three commits had all held an offer for more than a month before Henry received his. I don't recall if Henry blew up his senior year or not, but it's clear from the timeline he wasn't a priority for Archie.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Besides Lander none of our guards were ranked in the top 100.  I know ratings don't always tell the story but for the most part when your guards are ranked around 100-125 you won't get a consistent contributor.  I know I don't want a lot of one and done players.  We need to have more talented guards who can compete at a high level in every game.  AL and RP just isn't consistent and we know it won't change.

I want a coach who will bring back the Indiana style of basketball.  That is smart and heady players with high basketball IQ's.  I want players who can make their teammates better and show leadership.  Most importantly they need to bring in guys who can shoot the ball from all positions.  Even our big guys shooting percentage is not great from 2 since most of those misses are from 5 feet.

Wish you were on BOT..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s hard to win when your offense consists of throwing it to a guy on the block every possession. Guards win and bigs get you fired. You have to have good ones that can score but it’s hard to win if they are one dimensional which TJD is. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Anderson, Hunter and Race Thompson all committed with 24 hours of Aaron Henry receiving an offer from Indiana. Those three commits had all held an offer for more than a month before Henry received his. I don't recall if Henry blew up his senior year or not, but it's clear from the timeline he wasn't a priority for Archie.

Henry did blow up in the fall entering his senior year. Archie offered then the others committed. He was about to pull the trigger but he was hesitant because of adding 2 other wings and Romeo was likely to be another. If one of those others don’t commit then Henry probably ends up a Hoosier. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No way to put lipstick on this pig.  IU sucked today.  The players and CAM own it.  The putrid nature of the loss is only magnified by having piggybacked onto the OSU debacle.

Nothing about the season makes me believe we will now make the NCAAT.  I simply can't believe we can get this type of play from upperclassmen with so much on the line.  

I hate calling out players.  I really like RP and AL, however we simply can't continue to play 3 vs 5. The good, the bad, and the ugly come down to the upperrclassmen simply unable to execute at the level of play demanded by the BIG. 

This is a broken team.  RMK could not win with these players either.  RP and AL unfortunately need to be replaced.  

Won't happen this year.  Needs to happen in off season and only hope is for transfers and Lander having SUBSTANTIAL development.   If RP is still starting next year, we have no chance.   

CAM has a lot of work to do.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Henry did blow up in the fall entering his senior year. Archie offered then the others committed. He was about to pull the trigger but he was hesitant because of adding 2 other wings and Romeo was likely to be another. If one of those others don’t commit then Henry probably ends up a Hoosier. 

According to his dad he was never close to committing to IU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We need to stop measuring this team on whether it makes the tournament or not.  Simply making the tournament does not suddenly make this team a contender, which is what we all want.  

The IU program we all want simply does not lose this game.  They just don't.

 

Totally agree. I haven't been an Indiana fan as long as most. It wasn't until the year after Knight was fired that I stepped foot on campus. But even I know to view the NCAA Tournament as a minimum expectation, not a mark of success on the season. We fired Crean because of too many seasons exactly like this one, spent on the bubble, finishing in the bottom half of the Big Ten. And that's all we've known for four seasons under Archie.

Just making the Tournament this year shouldn't be good enough. It's only because we keep falling short of that mark that we've started viewing it as a measure of success.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I miss the days where I thought Iu would win every game and shocked when we lost.  Today is just the opposite because i expect to lose and surprised when we win.  I kind a of bought in that we would win today to get us to 13-9 and that would be  winning 4 of 5 but it came back to bite me on the a$$

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

According to his dad he was never close to committing to IU

As most people would after there son has been at a rival B1G school the last 3 years. There is zero chance that he would come out and say “oh yeah Aaron was definitely getting ready to commit to IU but he didn’t like that there were other kids that committed first so he picked Sparty”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

As most people would after there son has been at a rival B1G school the last 3 years. There is zero chance that he would come out and say “oh yeah Aaron was definitely getting ready to commit to IU but he didn’t like that there were other kids that committed first so he picked Sparty”.

This was 3 years ago he said that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought an hour of exercise would help. Nope. The same things that have plagued our program for the past few years did so again today. Guard play not named Franklin. TJD turns in an all time performance but it's wasted. I think we were up 52-49 and we came down the court 3-4x in a row where either Al or Rob or whomever was running our offense had either a costly turnover or poor shot. I like Galloway but he needs to run steps for hoisting that 3 at that time.

Frustrated and angry but as always I'll evaluate things at the end of the year. I think someone in here made a really good point. Making the tourney shouldn't be our goal but sadly with poor guard play....we've turned into a sea of mediocrity. Glimpses of great play countered with minutes of just God awful play. It balances out to be average.

Players lost this one today. Plain and simple. You can't rip a coach at the end unless equally prepared to say how great he was when we were up 15. Players fumbled. Players turned the ball over. Players (guards) went 0-14 from the field.

That's my 5 second rant. Onto the next because that's all we can do. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought an hour of exercise would help. Nope. The same things that have plagued our program for the past few years did so again today. Guard play not named Franklin. TJD turns in an all time performance but it's wasted. I think we were up 52-49 and we came down the court 3-4x in a row where either Al or Rob or whomever was running our offense had either a costly turnover or poor shot. I like Galloway but he needs to run steps for hoisting that 3 at that time.

Frustrated and angry but as always I'll evaluate things at the end of the year. I think someone in here made a really good point. Making the tourney shouldn't be our goal but sadly with poor guard play....we've turned into a sea of mediocrity. Glimpses of great play countered with minutes of just God awful play. It balances out to be average.

Players lost this one today. Plain and simple. You can't rip a coach at the end unless equally prepared to say how great he was when we were up 15. Players fumbled. Players turned the ball over. Players (guards) went 0-14 from the field.

That's my 5 second rant. Onto the next because that's all we can do. 

But it was the coach who kept subbing when we were on runs to stop the momentum.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

MSU doesn’t have enough talent.

So, 9 kids ranked in the top 100 RSCI (3 top 50) isn't enough talent?

Talent they have...coaching they have...team play and player leadership they didn't...until today...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Which specific subs? There was a couple times I know but they were 70 seconds before the next 4 minute timeout. Just curious which one's?

I am old school and would play the starters until they were puking or are in foul troubles.  We were up 19-8 with 12 or so minutes left and he subbed 3 guys in and that is when MSU made their run.  Did the same thing in the second half after we got the lead back to 10 and then subbed 3 guys in again.  We should be only playing 6 or 7 players and no more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted the years of rotation players for every B1G team last week. We had the least upper classmen with 3...and in a whole lot of games we aren't getting much out of 2 of them. MSU on the other hand played 5 today (SR Langford, JRs Henry, Brown, Kithier, and Bingham) and that experience shows. 

On to Rutgers...

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

That game might have knocked us from in to the wrong side of the bubble, but we have way too many games left to say the tournament is out of reach. Just an absurd over reaction. 

kind of a lot to call it absurd.  i mean, sure if we win 3 of at Rutgers, vs. Michigan, at MSU, and at Purdue.  just hard to imagine.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...