What program do you want to be?

KoB2011

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

It didn't seem to hurt Louisville very much and Rick Paino will be a coach in the next 2 years.

For some reason, everyone thinks this is 1985 still.  The NCAA doesn't give a shit about anything anymore.  They make Billions of dollars off of sports.  The only reason anything happened lately is because the FBI got involved with Wire Fraud.  Otherwise the NCAA would and still does look the other way.

Cheat, Hire strippers, pay players, pay coaches, pay students and fan.  I don't care anymore.  We're holding ourselves to a standard that no one else is part of.  We're in an empty room telling ourselves how awesome we are for being the clean school, while everyone else is hanging out with the NCAA and winning.

Pitino is the HC of Iona right now

I want Indiana University basketball to be Indiana University basketball...competing yearly at the top of the Big Ten.  Making deep runs into the NCAAT.  I believe that Archie Miller is a good coach that is growing.  I also think that the basketball gods have put a hex on certain players at Indiana over the last couple of three years.  I think that Archie needs more time.  But, I do understand that results say that may be in doubt.  

Furthermore, it is clear to me that because of the buyout and other things that Archie may be here for not only one year but maybe more.  This season has not played out.  I am frustrated with where the team's performance is to date.  I'm sure that the coaching staff and the AD is too.

I am waiting for the tide to turn and I envision Archie Miller pulling this team together.  TJD just may start leading the team to greatness.  Brunk's loss, because of his leadership, is likely bigger than we realize.  The lack of great upperclassmen and leadership on the team is hurting the effort game in and game out. 

They have to clean it up this year and Archie Miller has to bring in some quality players ASAP.  I really do not see the AD pulling the rug out from under Coach Miller.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I don't buy that we have to cheat to win because there are to many programs that have won without being involved with any scandal. UVA, Villanova, UW, Gonzaga so no IU should not go the route of UK or Duke, or Auburn

Doesn't mean they haven't walked up to the line and maybe stepped across.  They could just be really good and not getting caught.  I honestly would every major university sports has cheated to some extent at some time.  There is too much money involved.  Whether the coach was aware of it or not.

Villanova, Kansas, Virginia. 

Realistically though, top 15-20 every year with a final four capable team every 2-3 years.  Get the best players & talent possible (that fits whoever is coaching Indiana and their system), regardless of whether they play in the state of Indiana or not.  Top 5 of Big Ten every year.  Win a BTT every once in awhile.  Also, don't be afraid to make some changes with the program (even if the traditionalists that are stuck in 1987 kick and scream about it).

I want to be the team every Big 10 team does NOT want to play twice, I Want the Team that they said MY EARS HURTED WHEN THEY LEFT our court. Will we get their or not is up TO THE ADMIN.. I think CAM is a good coach Great coach no or not yet. I think injuries have hurt us during CAM years and on him or not HE IS RESPONSIPLE for results, We are the NAME WHEN IT COMES TO MBB IN THE BIG 10! I want one more run in my lifetime!!! i watched the Vans, twins in the early 60's and this where we are now a tough out but a great win for them! 

Archived