10 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Tier 1

Fife

Oats

S Drew (he's been clean!)

Beilein (idc if he is old!)

Dutcher

Altman

Matta (he considered Bama and UG gigs, depends on his health)

Tier 2

P. Moses

Musselman

Wishful thinking

Beard

Bennett

Stevens 

Few 

Wright

No way Fife would be in tier 1.  If Scott Drew has not done anything wrong why was he voted as one of the dirtiest  coaches in the game.  This is what is wrong if the tier 1 is the best we can do because it is not very encouraging.  The only two I would take in that tier would be Matta and Beilein.  I would have to look deep into Altman because he is a good coach but would like to see how much Nike has helped him at Oregon.

I think I have decided I would got for a flyer and hire Keith Smart and pair him with a former veteran college HC.  I also would try to bring in Micheal Lewis as an assistant and try the former IU guys to see if that can turn it around.  We have tried other avenues and it hasn't work so why not try this to see if it will make a difference.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think I have decided I would got for a flyer and hire Keith Smart and pair him with a former veteran college HC.  I also would try to bring in Micheal Lewis as an assistant and try the former IU guys to see if that can turn it around.  We have tried other avenues and it hasn't work so why not try this to see if it will make a difference.

Su5l.gif.cc0d56a67088b75d76c2cdbf627fef6b.gif

Drew and Matta only two on that least for me.  I’m not a big Nate Oats guy, almost seems gimmicky to me but I’m probably wrong.  Wouldn’t mind Keith Smart but I think Alford would be a better choice than him.  As myself and some others have said, sometimes the fit is just meant to be, maybe that’s one of these guys on the list. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No way Fife would be in tier 1.  If Scott Drew has not done anything wrong why was he voted as one of the dirtiest  coaches in the game.  This is what is wrong if the tier 1 is the best we can do because it is not very encouraging.  The only two I would take in that tier would be Matta and Beilein.  I would have to look deep into Altman because he is a good coach but would like to see how much Nike has helped him at Oregon.

I believe you're referring to a poll when Crean was still coach. IIRC Crean was also on that list. Do you think he was dirty?

Edited by go_iu_bb

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I believe you're referring to a poll when Crean was still coach. IIRC Crean was also on that list. Do you think he was dirty?

Context.  100 coaches were polled.  Crean got 3 votes.  Drew got something like 34. votes.  Drew was one vote behind Cal.  3 votes could be that some random coach just did not like Crean personally.  30+ votes means something else entirely.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

This list is a big reason why I’m in favor of giving Archie a 5th year. That tier one list is incredibly uninspiring to me. 

Archie has to get this team into the NCAAT.  I really want him to survive this and for IU to excel.  But the PG and guard and lack of shooting are killing IU.  But in all of that is basketball IQ.  These guys do not get it that one cannot turnover the ball like they do.  And they have to put in full effort on defense.  And assist each other on offense.  Is all that up to the coach?   Heck yeah it is.  Get some smart (older) players out there.  Replace the PG now.  Not the coach. Replace the coach and some on the team will transfer.  There goes the chance for them to get old again.

Edited by Air Ball
  • Like 2

Lets just say the Celtics are dumb enough to fire Stevens then you put out a full court press.  I don't see anyway that the Celtics will fire Stevens because who else is out there that would be better than Brad.  If you look at the candidates every time an opening happens in the NBA you will not see very many big name coaches.  it is either a top assistant or coaches like Nate McMillian.  Also I blame more of the Celtics problems on injuries and Danny Ainge because he still has not gotten them a really good big man.

• Like 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

You forgot Bruce Pearl.  has ties and when he goes all in on his team.  He is part of whatever school he coaches.  Yes he has some issues with NCAA violations but he is still coaching and I think IU is a gig where he could get into that gray area and be just fine.  He is my #1 pick after CAM

No thank you

• Like 4