Potential replacement coaches

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i still don't believe that Miller is just deciding not to play Stewart.  of course i don't know and IUFLA might get mad that i'm speculating and giving my opinion with no facts, but i think there's more to it than that.  

I've never had an issue with an opinion. My issue was with someone saying we were missing the tournament for 4 straight years.

We didn't "miss" making anything last year. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of bracket experts had us in. But, they didn't have a tournament, so how could we "miss" making it?

And as I said, this year isn't over.

That is fact. Saying we've "missed" the tournament 4 straight years is BS.

Comprendes Mendes?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i still don't believe that Miller is just deciding not to play Stewart.  of course i don't know and IUFLA might get mad that i'm speculating and giving my opinion with no facts, but i think there's more to it than that.  

Something isn't passing the smell test on this one.  Although, CoachSS did tweet that there was no way PS would play this year.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've never had an issue with an opinion. My issue was with someone saying we were missing the tournament for 4 straight years.

We didn't "miss" making anything last year. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of bracket experts had us in. But, they didn't have a tournament, so how could we "miss" making it?

And as I said, this year isn't over.

That is fact. Saying we've "missed" the tournament 4 straight years is BS.

Comprendes Mendes?

hey buddy.  i'm afraid you're coming a little unraveled.  i don't have facts to support it, but i didn't say anything about not making the tourney.  i mentioned Parker Stewart and was actually kind of supporting CAM.  maybe the fact that no one agrees with almost anything you post may be getting to you?  hang in there.   

WOW JUST WOW!!! We are all IU fans!!! It is just disturbing how we can become so hateful for each other as WE ALL WANT IU TO BE GREAT AGAIN!!! STOP THE HATE!!! Against each others thoughts to reach this!!! I stopped posting and mostly lurk. Guys and  Gals we all want IU to be GREAT AGAIN!! My life is closing in to end and hope IU CAN AND WILL reach the goals I want!  Enjoy each day as it is our last!!! GOD BLESS AND CC AND MILE would like the board to loosen up with the me or I . Sorry rant over!! GO IU !!  PS I am not happy with what's going on but i TRY TO STAY POSSIVETIVE!! Maybe hate is the wrong word but 

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

hey buddy.  i'm afraid you're coming a little unraveled.  i don't have facts to support it, but i didn't say anything about not making the tourney.  i mentioned Parker Stewart and was actually kind of supporting CAM.  maybe the fact that no one agrees with almost anything you post may be getting to you?  hang in there.   

You're a teacher, right?

You might want to look into a reading comprehension refresher...

And I couldn't care less if you and some others agree with me or not...

I don't hang my self esteem on what people on a message board think...

I have a pretty good feel for the Boston Celtics situation, but I'll say I'm 100% confident that the odds of Stevens coming to Indiana isn't zero. That's not saying "anything can happen". It's saying I think it's on the table more than some give it credit for. That said, I think the IU administration would have to want it, but more importantly, I think they'd have to sell Stevens on the idea. 

How much confidence do you all have that Indiana could pull off the sell?

5 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I'm at the point where I would be fine with Alford.

I use to be in the crowd of it doesn't need to be an IU guy but I have changed my mind on this.  With the names thrown out there Steve is as good as most of the names we have seen.  Sometimes it is more about culture and fit over just getting the next big thing.  If we can't get an elite home run hire and have to take a chance why not try an IU guy

1 minute ago, WanamakerIUFan said:

I have a pretty good feel for the Boston Celtics situation, but I'll say I'm 100% confident that the odds of Stevens coming to Indiana isn't zero. That's not saying "anything can happen". It's saying I think it's on the table more than some give it credit for. That said, I think the IU administration would have to want it, but more importantly, I think they'd have to sell Stevens on the idea. 

None, 

First, I don't think Miller is let go at the end of this year because of the 10 million dollar buyout. This IU administration doesn't spend money like that. I know there are some "insiders" that say some booster(s) will come save the day. That has been said every time we hire a new coach going all the way back to Davis and its never happened. 

But...

If there is a new coach, you have 2 paths to take. Do you hire a young coach and have the risk of failure or do you hire a proven coach that might have other risks?

If we go young, I like...

Craig Smith, Utah State 213-102  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Smith_(basketball,_born_1972)

If we go proven, but risky....

Scott Drew, Baylor 381–224  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Drew

234-97 (70% winning) the last 10 years. He can recruit and he can win at IU. Fastest path bath with some risk.

And there is... 

The "There is no chance in hell" list

Stevens, Donovan, Beard, Few, Bennet, Oats (Buyout)

The "Please god shoot me" list 

Alford, Fife, and any other random former player that someone digs up

1 minute ago, WanamakerIUFan said:

I think it would be harder to sell Stevens to come back to the college game.  I don't think it would just be about money when it comes to Stevens.  It would be to sell to get Stevens and his wife to want to get back into what is college basketball life style

3 minutes ago, WanamakerIUFan said:

If it takes a year to get everything in place before the Celtics move on Ainge and his holiness, keep CAM for a year and then move heaven and earth to make it happen. Build the man a private school for his kids. Build him a mansion. Hire him a chef. If he wants to live in a hidden compound in Brown County and take a helicopter to work each day, somebody start drawing a big Arse H in the Assembly Hall parking lot. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I use to be in the crowd of it doesn't need to be an IU guy but I have changed my mind on this.  With the names thrown out there Steve is as good as most of the names we have seen.  Sometimes it is more about culture and fit over just getting the next big thing.  If we can't get an elite home run hire and have to take a chance why not try an IU guy

image.png.55666e612002614932f71d114ff22e1e.png 

Just now, spe317 said:

If it takes a year to get everything in place before the Celtics move on Ainge and his holiness, keep CAM for a year and then move heaven and earth to make it happen. Build the man a private school for his kids. Build him a mansion. Hire him a chef. If he wants to live in a hidden compound in Brown County and take a helicopter to work each day, somebody start drawing a big Arse H in the Assembly Hall parking lot. 

It won't.be about money or material things for Stevens.  It would be about whether he wants to coach at the college level again.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think it would be harder to sell Stevens to come back to the college game.  I don't think it would just be about money when it comes to Stevens.  It would be to sell to get Stevens and his wife to want to get back into what is college basketball life style

Scott, this isn't wrong. I've been in the room with Stevens a few times and there are a couple of other aspects IU could sell him on. I'm just not sure IU can pull it off. 

2 minutes ago, spe317 said:

Stevens is never coaching another NCAA game. Ever.

He doesn't like to recruit and he likes his summers off.

If the Celtics fired him tomorrow, he would have another NBA job by the end of the week.

Just now, IU Scott said:

It won't.be about money or material things for Stevens.  It would be about whether he wants to coach at the college level again.

Get the best hypnotist and psychiatrist in the business to help him see the light then. 

Get the one from Office Space to make him love recruiting again. Seriously if he gets the right assistants who can lead in recruiting and all access to bebop around the country...

1 minute ago, spe317 said:

Get the best hypnotist and psychiatrist in the business to help him see the light then. 

Get the one from Office Space to make him love recruiting again. Seriously if he gets the right assistants who can lead in recruiting and all access to bebop around the country...

That is not true because every player still will want to see the HC at his games and for in home visits.  Earlier Archie was getting ripped when it was suggested that his assistants were doing a lot of the early recruiting.

Archived