Potential replacement coaches

Guys it can be worse because I went to the rivals page because they have reporters over there you post stories.  I did not see any of them tweeting or have nay stories about race.  What was bad I saw a thread about it and a bunch of them keep telling people GFY and making things so personable.  At least here where we can disagree on things so adamantly but we don't go that far. 

12 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

You’re taking a handful of examples from toxic places like Facebook and extrapolating them to an entire fan base. The vast majority of IU fans just want to see a quality, consistent product on the court, yet you see that as the problem. 

See above. I think it’s pretty funny that the two of you are basing your conclusions on posts from Facebook and Twitter, two of the most toxic places in the Internet. Some brilliant objective research there. 

x

Edited by JugRox

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I've been trying to find a list from 2020-2021 season, but haven't been successful. I did find this list from March 2020 that has annual salary and buyout, but I don't know how accurate it is.  I would imagine the buyout amounts are less, but some folks like Nate Oats have received raises since this was created.  

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

You’re taking a handful of examples from toxic places like Facebook and extrapolating them to an entire fan base. The vast majority of IU fans just want to see a quality, consistent product on the court, yet you see that as the problem. 

See above. I think it’s pretty funny that the two of you are basing your conclusions on posts from Facebook and Twitter, two of the most toxic places in the Internet. Some brilliant objective research there. 

And there are thousands of IU fans on those sites and it makes it easier for them to get to the players.  Watched the BTN special a about the Watshot today and Watford and Jones was talking about their early years,  Both said they heard all the noise from the fans and both thought about transferring because it wasn't worth it.  Also Watford's mom commented on how Christian was being treated on social media so all of these comments are being noticed.

3 minutes ago, JugRox said:

LOL....

After the Rutgers game, go on Facebook and Twitter and just dip your toe into what this fanbase is like.

Its funny how you took offense to being the back seat driver. 

Again, a coach that does consistent, quality basketball doesn't have to deal with s**t from the IU fanbase. They can stay at Texas Tech, make more money, and have more success. 

College coaches aren’t afraid of fans...they only worry about spineless admin who won’t support them. Every fan base in the country has crazy classless fans. Will you support me and give me the tools and resources to do my job. Will you not put obstacles in my way. Will you pay me. These are what coaches care about. If they are a great coach they think their culture, their way will translate to success anywhere. This isn’t a sport nor is this school one that would require a huge time to turn around. It only takes a couple special kids and about 5-6 others that but into you and what you do. You can find them and get them to Indiana...it’s been done many times over. We just need the right guy steering the ship. I hoped it was Archie but I don’t think another 4 years he will be any closer. Some may not have faith...but I know there is a coach out there that sees the same things many of us sees...a sleeping giant...just waiting to be woken up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

And there are thousands of IU fans on those sites and it makes it easier for them to get to the players.  Watched the BTN special a about the Watshot today and Watford and Jones was talking about their early years,  Both said they heard all the noise from the fans and both thought about transferring because it wasn't worth it.  Also Watford's mom commented on how Christian was being treated on social media so all of these comments are being noticed.

There. Are. Fans. From. Every. Program. On. Social. Media. Do you actually think only IU fans are doing these things? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

College coaches aren’t afraid of fans...they only worry about spineless admin who won’t support them. Every fan base in the country has crazy classless fans. Will you support me and give me the tools and resources to do my job. Will you not put obstacles in my way. Will you pay me. These are what coaches care about. If they are a great coach they think their culture, their way will translate to success anywhere. This isn’t a sport nor is this school one that would require a huge time to turn around. It only takes a couple special kids and about 5-6 others that but into you and what you do. You can find them and get them to Indiana...it’s been done many times over. We just need the right guy steering the ship. I hoped it was Archie but I don’t think another 4 years he will be any closer. Some may not have faith...but I know there is a coach out there that sees the same things many of us sees...a sleeping giant...just waiting to be woken up.

Its been reported on a pay site that Holtman had no interest in the IU job because of the "spotlight". Same with Bennet. 

I am in no way saying Miller is the answer. But, the intense pressure as the basketball coach at Indiana limits the pool.

It will be interesting how UK, Duke, UNC, and even Kansas handle their new coaches. The same pressure exists at those places as well.

Edited by JugRox

3 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

There. Are. Fans. From. Every. Program. On. Social. Media. Do you actually think only IU fans are doing these things? 

Never said there weren't other fans that do this but this fan base use to be above this.  Now we are just like every other fan base that we use to make fun of.

9 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

I've been trying to find a list from 2020-2021 season, but haven't been successful. I did find this list from March 2020 that has annual salary and buyout, but I don't know how accurate it is.  I would imagine the buyout amounts are less, but some folks like Nate Oats have received raises since this was created.  

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

On the list I saw the 3rd highest paid coach is Mick Cronin at UCLA making 5.5 million.  If Iu had offered him that much would you be happy because we offered that amount even though it was Cronin.  I know if we had hired him I wouldn't have been thrilled especially for that money.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JugRox said:

The car is in the ditch has been for 20 years.

People are trying to get it out, but the back seat drivers wont STFU.....

Nah... Crean got the car up on the shoulder, and Archie has failed miserably to get it back on the highway.  Blaming the fans for the coach sucking is just ridiculous.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yep...that’s the problem in this country...people see a vocal minority of people causing a big stink...and knee jerk reaction in this country is to over react to it. Facebook, Twitter, this forum is such a minute and quite frankly poor representation of IU fans. People go onto the internet and voice their opinion so small....and those places your viewing are like the pimple on the ass of IU basketball. Yes they are disgusting but they are a speck....a speck on a beautiful tight ass that quite frankly when we are winning are covered up in a flattering bathing suite....or think of winning as the ultimate airbrush to wipe it all away. Go to any Yelp or anything...typically people complaining or saying it’s the best place ever...nobody is inspired to go on and say I had to come in and say..it’s pretty good. It’s avg. the internet brings out the extreme viewpoints.

8 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

He wouldn’t know...he’s never visited another teams fan page...he has admitted this already! News flash...axn is right.

Edited by dgambill

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On the list I saw the 3rd highest paid coach is Mick Cronin at UCLA making 5.5 million.  If Iu had offered him that much would you be happy because we offered that amount even though it was Cronin.  I know if we had hired him I wouldn't have been thrilled especially for that money.

Nope.  He's a good coach, but not 5.5 million dollars good.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Never said there weren't other fans that do this but this fan base use to be above this.  Now we are just like every other fan base that we use to make fun of.

Do you realize that you just gave an example of Watford and the fans being a problem, which is the same guy who was trying to get his brother to come to IU? Don’t you think it’s at all possible that these were 18 year old kids being emotional? I mean, you might as well blame Larry Bird walking home in the middle of the night on the fans while you’re at it. 

Just a thought, but did you ever stop to think that maybe where you’re getting your information and how you are processing it is the problem, and not the fan base?

Hey we all have an opinion. Guess we will see what happens. I think it won’t be until after next year anything would if it’s going to happen...just hoping this teams shows me some heart and finishes strong. I love IU and I love all of us fans when we are rocking and rolling and how wonderful you all are when we are winning. This sucks because myself and the rest of you are piss poor losers 😂 and we are miserable SOBs lol. Whatever happens I hope for better days ahead because we all as fans deserve to be happy again. We’ve been through a lot the last 20 years. We’ve stuck it out and still here rooting on our Hoosiers...if that doesn’t tell you how awesome our fan base is then I don’t know what else to say. At least we care!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes!!! This!!! ☝️☝️☝️☝️

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Very true but it is fans turning on coaches way to early like in year 2 that hurts as much as anything.  Everybody said they were patient with Crean but I remember a lot of people wanting him gone after year 3.

Miller lost 12 of 13 games during year 2.  And Crean at the end of year 3 had won a total of 28 games and lost 66.  He won 2 more games overall in year 3 but did worse in conference.  He had a major step back.  Cody Zeller saved his job.  He owes almost every minute he got after year 3 to Cody Zeller.

You act like people just lose their crap over nothing.  "Oh the fans turned on them so quick..."  No, they didn't.  Crean had a ton of support in year 1 and 2 and he laid an egg in year 3.  Miller lost 12 of 13 with Langford and Morgan.  

But you guys are somewhat right about IU just selling itself to a coach.  No place does that.  What does sell them is green.  Green and knowing they will have the tools to ensure they continue to get that green.  And that is how you entice a coach to come aboard.

If the powers that be at Alabama thought like you guys, they would have missed out on one of the better runs in college football history.  They were in the exact same kind of spot as us, until they weren't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Miller lost 12 of 13 games during year 2.  And Crean at the end of year 3 had won a total of 28 games and lost 66.  He won 2 more games overall in year 3 but did worse in conference.  He had a major step back.  Cody Zeller saved his job.  He owes almost every minute he got after year 3 to Cody Zeller.

You act like people just lose their crap over nothing.  "Oh the fans turned on them so quick..."  No, they didn't.  Crean had a ton of support in year 1 and 2 and he laid an egg in year 3.  Miller lost 12 of 13 with Langford and Morgan.  

But you guys are somewhat right about IU just selling itself to a coach.  No place does that.  What does sell them is green.  Green and knowing they will have the tools to ensure they continue to get that green.  And that is how you entice a coach to come aboard.

If the powers that be at Alabama thought like you guys, they would have missed out on one of the better runs in college football history.  They were in the exact same kind of spot as us, until they weren't.

Hammer meets nail!!!

2 hours ago, JugRox said:

The car is in the ditch has been for 20 years.

People are trying to get it out, but the back seat drivers wont STFU.....

Have you ever driven a car?  If you know how to drive it doesn't matter what the F the people in the back seat are saying.  That person in the back seat has no bearing on your ability to get the car out of the ditch.  They are just noise.

Now if you don't know how to drive and they have been a passenger with Mario Andretti before and they say, "Dude...I don't think what you are doing is working" that may be annoying for you.  But you know how to shut them up?  Get the car out of the ditch. 

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

See where I disagree is that the coaches that would be worth the money and would be a huge upgrade is not leaving their current job.  To me these guys won't move just because of more money because the schools they are at would match our offer.  I am talking about elite coaches that have won big st other schools 

Well I got tired of arguing on how bad we are and who the next coach will be.  I decided to watch an old game where the quality of play was do much better.  I am watching the 93 sweet 16 game against UL.  So far I have not seen one ball screen in 17 minutes and you never seen two defenders near the ball.  Most of the possessions you didn't see more than a couple of dribbles in the half Court by an individual.

At the first time out the score was 16-11 and have seen plenty of games this year where that was the score with 7 minutes to go in the half.  After 10 minutes IU was shooting 82 percent from the field with 3-3 from 3.  The game just went to the half with a score of 50-43 IU in the lead.

Today we have computer geeks saying that type of offense isn't the most efficient and best way to run your offense.  I have seen final scores near what the halftime of this game was 

There was just so much more of a flow to the game and really never had a shot clock mentioned.  You never had to force a shot because the shot clock was running down.  Didn't have the refs taking over the game and being the show.  The players played with way more freedom and not looking over to the bench.  Neither coach was up and roaming the sideline all game.

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I got tired of arguing on how bad we are and who the next coach will be.  I decided to watch an old game where the quality of play was do much better.  I am watching the 93 sweet 16 game against UL.  So far I have not seen one ball screen in 17 minutes and you never seen two defenders near the ball.  Most of the possessions you didn't see more than a couple of dribbles in the half Court by an individual.

At the first time out the score was 16-11 and have seen plenty of games this year where that was the score with 7 minutes to go in the half.  After 10 minutes IU was shooting 82 percent from the field with 3-3 from 3.  The game just went to the half with a score of 50-43 IU in the lead.

Today we have computer geeks saying that type of offense isn't the most efficient and best way to run your offense.  I have seen final scores near what the halftime of this game was 

There was just so much more of a flow to the game and really never had a shot clock mentioned.  You never had to force a shot because the shot clock was running down.  Didn't have the refs taking over the game and being the show.  The players played with way more freedom and not looking over to the bench.  Neither coach was up and roaming the sideline all game.

To conclude about this game the pace of this game was so much faster than what we see today off of misses both team made outlet passes and ran the ball up the court.  They also didn't just walk the ball up after makes but pushed it up fast.