Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Beilein has shown he takes a few years to get things going and I'm not sure he is as good of a coach as D'Antoni. D'Antoni you're running the risk of him not having the college background, but he has also coached guys like Harden, CP3, and Russell Westbrook. That resonates with high schoolers a lot more than anything Beilein has done IMO. 

I wonder where D'Antoni's brother is coaching? Still at the same school? A couple years ago I believe he had a small school in the Sweet Sixteen or something. 

Bring him as an assistant. No clue why his brother would go from a head to assistant coach, but its fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I wonder where D'Antoni's brother is coaching? Still at the same school? A couple years ago I believe he had a small school in the Sweet Sixteen or something. 

Bring him as an assistant. No clue why his brother would go from a head to assistant coach, but its fun to speculate. 

I think he was at Marshall

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Came across this today...🤷‍♂️...i know nothing but thought it was interesting 

20210224_191359.jpg

For the record, I am NOT Clyde Huckleberry,  But, I like how the guy thinks.  :coffee:

Though he did leave out the part of the story about Stevens declining a salary and doing it for free.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For the record, I am NOT Clyde Huckleberry,  But, I like how the guy thinks.  :coffee:

Though he did leave out the part of the story about Stevens declining a salary and doing it for free.

A bringing Romeo with him and having him reinstated for the rest of his eligibility by the NCAA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Though he did leave out the part of the story about Stevens declining a salary and doing it free.

I would have bet money you were Clyde,especially after you posted right before i did....but upon  further review of Clyde i found that hes only been married 4 times so that clears you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

The Fricken Paulie Walnuts.

Anytime someone says “Badger how long have you been around?”

“I remember when ThePaulieWalnuts posted regularly.”

Hello sir. Hope all is well.

One of my favorite posters ever.  All is well here bud, busy bringing my home businesses along and being my own boss.  I'm always checking in regularly, though i rarely post anymore.  The program just hasn't been very inspiring with the way things have been and are going.  Still supportive, just hard to watch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just for stability.  Have him hire a designated successor 

He wouldn't be a bad hire imo.  9 tourney appearances in 13 seasons.  4 conference tourney titles, 5 regular season conference titles, 2 final fours, 1 NIT Title, 5 consensus all-americans, 3 B1G Coach Of The Year Awards, 7 seasons in the final AP Poll, recruits the midwest and nationally well and so on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm as dead serious as I can be, if we cannot get Brad, Beard, or Billy then give me Rick Pitino. He is probably a better coach than those three anyway, I know he has baggage and is old but he will win for whatever time we have and we will be a desirable job when he retires. 

No way on Pitino but would go with Beilein or Matta

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm as dead serious as I can be, if we cannot get Brad, Beard, or Billy then give me Rick Pitino. He is probably a better coach than those three anyway, I know he has baggage and is old but he will win for whatever time we have and we will be a desirable job when he retires. 

♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

One of my favorite posters ever.  All is well here bud, busy bringing my home businesses along and being my own boss.  I'm always checking in regularly, though i rarely post anymore.  The program just hasn't been very inspiring with the way things have been and are going.  Still supportive, just hard to watch.

Right there with you Paulie. On the old board I had over 16,000 career posts and starting over here and with the program now being what it is I post in some waves but nothing like I used to. Whenever I see your name and icon it takes me back to the good old message board days...and when I was younger and didn’t have such a bad back. ;) lol

• Like 1