Potential replacement coaches

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Chances are they wouldn't but you can't say that for sure. I never thought I would leave a head coaching position to become an assistant but they made an offer i could not refuse.

Few, Stevens and Donovan we have maybe a .000000000000001 chance of getting.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, IowaHoosierFan said:

Effort is a huge reason we don't win more games.  Along with the lackadaisical way we pass and hold the ball.  How many terrible and lazy passes do we see go the other way for points.  If we averaged 7 TO's a game, that would translate to 3-4 more wins immediately.  And if we playeds 100% every game and not just when we want, there is another 1-2 games.

No, we don't win games because we do not have a guard who can take over a game down the stretch or a shooter good enough to get hot and stay hot.  Also, although i was an Archie fan, I'm no longer sure he can get "out of his system" when it becomes necessary.  Add on bad free throw shooting, dumb turnovers, yada, yada.

• Like 3

Just now, IUguy said:

No, we don't win games because we do not have a guard who can take over a game down the stretch or a shooter good enough to get hot and stay hot.  Also, although i was an Archie fan, I'm no longer sure he can get "out of his system" when it becomes necessary.  Add on bad free throw shooting, dumb turnovers, yada, yada.

We have no one that can do that. In 4 years we have only had 1 player that can go get buckets at will and he spent most of his time in the corner like a kid in time out

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Never know until you ask. 

I said you ask but we all know what the answer.  I know we don't like to hear this as a fan base but the national viewpoint of us is not good.  Everybody I listen to days IU still thinks of themselves of being elite but they need to take a hard look at where they are.  Anytime people bring Stevens for this job the national media just laughs

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I said you ask but we all know what the answer.  I know we don't like to hear this as a fan base but the national viewpoint of us is not good.  Everybody I listen to days IU still thinks of themselves of being elite but they need to take a hard look at where they are.  Anytime people bring Stevens for this job the national media just laughs

And your point...does anyone care what national media thinks.  National media praises Calapari and you have said many times you wouldn't want him. What does it matter what they think. You always reference Zion and his house, national media LOVE Coach K. You have nothing to lose by making one of them the highest paid coach in sportsm

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

And your point...does anyone care what national media thinks.  National media praises Calapari and you have said many times you wouldn't want him. What does it matter what they think. You always reference Zion and his house, national media LOVE Coach K. You have nothing to lose by making one of them the highest paid coach in sportsm

Like I said offer away but to actually expect them to accept is the funny part.  Also I think that just offering big money won't effect Stevens and Few at all because they are not just influenced by money

Edited by IU Scott

Like I said offer away but to actually expect them to accept is the funny part

By best friend had a job making well into 6 figures 20 plus years with company he interned with. Worked all the way to the top. Told me he would retire there. One of his clients owned a business in South Florida made an offer he could not refuse. Packed up and never looked back. Never underestimate a crazy offer.  When you are desperate to get the best you just go make it happen. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Never know until you ask. 

Yep.... Reminds me of when I was in high school at Martinsville in the 80s....I wanted to ask out a popular, hot girl. Man she was a total “Fox”!!! Two years out of high school I finally got up the nerve and she accepted. Wow....!!! I wish I could’ve had the “nuggets” when I was in school.
As for aiming high and shooting for the big name coaches, you HAVE to ask. 
Like Billingsley said....you never know till you ask. 

• Like 1

By best friend had a job making well into 6 figures 20 plus years with company he interned with. Worked all the way to the top. Told me he would retire there. One of his clients owned a business in South Florida made an offer he could not refuse. Packed up and never looked back. Never underestimate a crazy offer.  When you are desperate to get the best you just go make it happen. 

Might but don't see it unless Stevens gets fired this year.  I see no way Few ever leaves Gonzaga because he has already turned down elite programs already.  I think people like us who don't make huge money thinks everyone will base everything on money.  These guys already have made huge money and they look at other things such as fit and happiness

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

Yep.... Reminds me of when I was in high school at Martinsville in the 80s....I wanted to ask out a popular, hot girl. Man she was a total “Fox”!!! Two years out of high school I finally got up the nerve and she accepted. Wow....!!! I wish I could’ve had the “nuggets” when I was in school.

Lots of woukda coulda shoulda. How things in Panther country

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well of you already had a few hot girls accept you then maybe the next one you would look at more than just looks.  Like these coaches have already made huge money so they will look at more than just money.  Yes go out and ask but be prepared to be turned down

• Like 1

Might but don't see it unless Stevens gets fired this year.  I see no way Few ever leaves Gonzaga because he has already turned down elite programs already.  I think people like us who don't make huge money thinks everyone will base everything on money.  These guys already have made huge money and they look at other things such as fit and happiness

I agree but their EGOS are huge never underestimate that. If you can present it in a way that hits the right button there is alway a chance. Are those guys likely no but make them have to think about it. You have to find the right option for them to think our grass is greener.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Nobody is saying not to ask.

But, they were all asked last time and all said no. 

Just don't come back with "the administration didn't get so and so, failure!!!" when its not one of those coaches. Because its not going to be one of those coaches.

Edited by JugRox

Lots of woukda coulda shoulda. How things in Panther country

Not too bad....The girls bb finally had a great team this year and fell a few points shy of beating  a great BNL team for the sectional title. COVID rules and restrictions really suck when you are trying to teach H. S. kids....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but their EGOS are huge never underestimate that. If you can present it in a way that hits the right button there is alway a chance. Are those guys likely no but make them have to think about it. You have to find the right option for them to think our grass is greener.

I would love to be so wrong on this and I would gladly to eat crow but just don't see it

1 minute ago, Sea Turtle said:

How was Kentucky able to get Pitino from the Knicks?

How was Alabama able to get Saban from the Dolphins?

Because Pitino was ready to leave the NBA as well as Saban.  If Stevens wanted back to college then he'll yes we could get him.  From everything I have seen that he doesn't be want to get back into college.  As for Few he has had plenty of chances to leave and he is there to stay.

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

How was Kentucky able to get Pitino from the Knicks?

How was Alabama able to get Saban from the Dolphins?

Saban was going to get fired.

UK hired Pitino away from the NBA 30 years ago. Times have changed.

And just a heads up, IU Basketball is not the "dream" destination some of you believe.

• Like 3

Because Pitino was ready to leave the NBA as well as Saban.  If Stevens wanted back to college then he'll yes we could get him.  From everything I have seen that he doesn't be want to get back into college.  As for Few he has had plenty of chances to leave and he is there to stay.

Saban told Alabama 'no' several times.

• Like 2