Potential replacement coaches

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

“Want to be a legend”? To who? You? 

pretty sure Few is a legend without IU. lol

No offense but I'm not sure if you're really an IU fan because you don't seem to recognize the value of IU brand in college basketball, or maybe you're simply upset with the current status of IU basketball. 

IU brand certainly has lost its lust over the last 2 decades, but it still remains as one of the most valuable brands in college basketball. Then, what makes it special after 2 decades of futility? It's the fans first and foremost. Without ravid fan support, there is no blueblood. Too bad, IU basketball has been quickly losing fans' interest, but believe me, with the right coach and some success, it'll be full blown in no time. 

And Mark Few is a bad example. He doesn't wanna go anywhere. Not just to IU. He won't go to Duke either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So it wasn't just me getting those vibes.  

No those comments are crap. That to me says “of course we’d really LIKE to win. Right now we want a happy program that looks and acts nice and if we win big...GREAT! That’ll be a HUGE cherry on top.”

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

No those comments are crap. That to me says “of course we’d really LIKE to win. Right now we want a happy program that looks and acts nice and if we win big...GREAT! That’ll be a HUGE cherry on top.”

Indeed. That isn’t the talk of an AD that plans on making a change unless he is forced. Or at least one that is speaking the mind of the board. I know we are all rooting to win but no one is rooting harder than Dolson and the IU board because they want the status quo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Indeed. That isn’t the talk of an AD that plans on making a change unless he is forced. Or at least one that is speaking the mind of the board. I know we are all rooting to win but no one is rooting harder than Dolson and the IU board because they want the status quo.

What were you expecting him to say that Archie sucks and will be fired at the end of the year.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Some of us have been saying things about the administration. This isn't an Archie comment. This is an IU Admin comment. Our school has been making the decision for decades not to compete at the highest level. Been going on behind the scenes for years.

Now I think some ripped me for bringing this up last week. Just more par for the course from the 812. PS...none of that has to do with what I want this evening. Get a win and see if we can get in this tourney.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What were you expecting him to say that Archie sucks and will be fired at the end of the year.

No but more we have high expectations and especially for our flagship program and nothing less than meeting the expectations we laid out when he was hired is unacceptable. We still have 3 games left and the B1G tourney and we expect to play like Indiana basketball the rest of the way. Nothing wrong with reiterating the expectations that was set at his hiring. Not that drivel he said.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

No but more we have high expectations and especially for our flagship program and nothing less than meeting the expectations we laid out when he was hired is unacceptable. We still have 3 games left and the B1G tourney and we expect to play like Indiana basketball the rest of the way.

I agree but that is more like what pat Kraft or Chris Reynolds would say and that is why dolson got the job he has no gonads in my opinion just another botched hire

I wanted Miller to be the one, same as Crean and Sampson, I just want a coach to work out. Program seems snake bit, with buyout we will probably have to endure another slow grind season. I will hope Miller can turn things around as long as he is our coach, don’t have much hope. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I wanted Miller to be the one, same as Crean and Sampson, I just want a coach to work out. Program seems snake bit, with buyout we will probably have to endure another slow grind season. I will hope Miller can turn things around as long as he is our coach, don’t have much hope. 

Sampson was supposed to be the guy, but unfortunately that didn’t happen 

1 minute ago, H00sier said:

Best coach we’ve had since Knight, we wouldn’t have experienced near the drop had he kept clean and recruiting a little differently. 

We wouldn't have experienced near the drop if our administration had blown things up over phone calls. Other schools don't do that. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We wouldn't have experienced near the drop if our administration had blown things up over phone calls. Other schools don't do that. 

Think they changed the rule over the summer, that wouldn’t have even been a violation, I think?