Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Like what I just said a couple post ago.  And no I’m not suggesting he’s coming to IU because i don’t think he is.  

Supposedly his wife made a comment about them not going on vacation,  so it means they're be unhappy?

She just negotiated his extension and she's the one that convinced him to take the job. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BGleas said:

Supposedly his wife made a comment about them not going on vacation,  so it means they're be unhappy?

She just negotiated his extension and she's the one that convinced him to take the job. 

I know all that.  People change their minds all the time. Anyone can be happy at their job and then a month later want a change for whatever reason.  It’s not completely unheard of. He will have plenty of NBA jobs to choose from when his time is up in Boston.

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

All indications have been that they're really happy there and his wife loves Boston. 

Heck, she's the one that negotiated his extension, as she serves as his agent. 

Brad may never coach IU, and the family may love Boston. However, we should all understand that what a public figure says in public, or even in private to be discreet, isn't necessarily the truth or the whole truth. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just go buy the past hiring's and the names that was associated with the openings.  I just don't see elite coaches knocking down the door to come coach here.

So where is the list published of everyone who was offered, contacted IU and or people gauging interest, etc? We know based on who was hired everyone who was contacted and who contacted us?

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I’m not sure why someone hasn’t asked Brad to join Hoosier Nation so we can just have a real down to earth convo with him about what he thinks and what he SHOULD think. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I asked him that very question last night at dinner. 

4 minutes ago, PNWHoosier said:

Brad may never coach IU, and the family may love Boston. However, we should all understand that what a public figure says in public, or even in private to be discreet, isn't necessarily the truth or the whole truth. 

I understand that, spent 5 years in sports PR. That's why I'm going by their actions.

Not only did he sign a contract extension a few months ago, his wife served as his agent in negotiating the extension. 

There has basically been nothing in 7 years to indicate the Stevens are unhappy. 

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m not sure why someone hasn’t asked Brad to join Hoosier Nation so we can just have a real down to earth convo with him about what he thinks and what he SHOULD think. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He's here...his handle is IU Scott.

Just now, BGleas said:

I understand that, spent 5 years in sports PR. That's why I'm going by their actions.

Not only did he sign a contract extension a few months ago, his wife served as his agent in negotiating the extension. 

There has literally been nothing in 7 years to indicate the Stevens are unhappy. 

Does Brad know about his wife and I?

21 minutes ago, rico said:

It's awfully quiet in here tonight.

Probably will be until this weekend at the earliest.

One thing about all this coach talk, most of the guys being talked about were just an assistant or a guy somewhere until they landed their current job.  When Brad Stevens was given the Butler job, he was a guy who quit his job to become an assistant coach and worked his way to that.  Knight and Kryzewski were winning 19 games at Army and going to the NIT.  Self was a guy from Illinois who had a few good years.  Bennett had 2 good years and a meh year at Washington State before getting picked up by Virginia.

We are all getting worked up about names when the reality is that there is no such thing as a sure thing.  Even Stevens has the potential to fail here.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Probably will be until this weekend at the earliest.

One thing about all this coach talk, most of the guys being talked about were just an assistant or a guy somewhere until they landed their current job.  When Brad Stevens was given the Butler job, he was a guy who quit his job to become an assistant coach and worked his way to that.  Knight and Kryzewski were winning 19 games at Army and going to the NIT.  Self was a guy from Illinois who had a few good years.  Bennett had 2 good years and a meh year at Washington State before getting picked up by Virginia.

We are all getting worked up about names when the reality is that there is no such thing as a sure thing.  Even Stevens has the potential to fail here.

You are wrong on Self...Bill was great at Tulsa.  Of the guys you mentioned in the post, Dollar Bill was a  "travelled" coach.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It is harder and I even mentioned this the other day.  You just don't want your head coach coming out publicly saying that.

I agree.  Why CAM says that is beyond me.  Both teams will be playing under the exact same conditions.  

Archived