Potential replacement coaches

32 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

You are just a little off on your facts boiler boy.

now that you're done watching your Purdue boys lose or were you out driving your trans am? I can't remember what you said you were going to do.  Anyways why are you here calling people Purdue trolls when you are the purdue troll?  So weird

46 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just passing on info I hear.  One of my biggest clients an IU grad and basketball lover, has a relative that played for RMK. told me he has heard that IU will attempt to make Stevens the highest paid coach in all of sports. I don't buy it but passing it on so if by chance it's true and he accepts i could gloat. I don't see this as accurate info

Since we are living in Fantasy Island and this comes true I wonder how it would work out.  Does Stevens stay to the end of the season but announce he will be leaving at the end of the year.  If he does that does Boston tell him we want a Celtic coach the Celtics and let him go.

Also if this has any legs maybe that voice I talked about a few weeks ago might be smarter than I thought.  Every time I think about who I want as the next coach I hear a little voice saying Brad Stevens will be the next coach at IU

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since we are living in Fantasy Island and this comes true I wonder how it would work out.  Does Stevens stay to the end of the season but announce he will be leaving at the end of the year.  If he does that does Boston tell him we want a Celtic coach the Celtics and let him go.

Also if this has any legs maybe that voice I talked about a few weeks ago might be smarter than I thought.  Every time I think about who I want as the next coach I hear a little voice saying Brad Stevens will be the next coach at IU

Now just ignore that Dakich voice that's sitting on the other shoulder being all negative or as you say, realistic lol

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just passing on info I hear.  One of my biggest clients an IU grad and basketball lover, has a relative that played for RMK. told me he has heard that IU will attempt to make Stevens the highest paid coach in all of sports. I don't buy it but passing it on so if by chance it's true and he accepts i could gloat. I don't see this as accurate info

IF true, which I highly doubt but wish, it couldn’t mean all of sports but rather all of sports in college maybe? But even that doesn’t seem likely with the big football coaches. Then go highest in all college basketball...ok MAYBE. Still huge reach. 

But I’m dreaming with you!

Heck even if it just meant “IU administration is going to go all in for Stevens and price us no option...” that’s good enough news for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Not really, I would have to see how well he can recruit top high school players.  He has built his teams on transfers and don't think you can do that at IU.  I don't mind a couple on the team but it is hard to sustain success only on transfers.

Same here.....can he recruit, transfers are nice but not sustainable at a place like IU! 

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm going to have to reach out to my buddies at the broad ripple and area Firehouses.  Someone said they saw him at the grocery was the story I heard or read.  Can't remember where.  

I don’t know why people wouldn’t take interviews with former teammate and friends of him say when they mention he isn’t interested in getting back into coaching and enjoying his time with family. Isn’t his daughter still playing at Butler? Then again I won’t listen to people say Stevens is happy in the nba...so we all have an agenda lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Holy sh*t, if the best IU can do is Fife, shut it down.

I have to disagree, but thats cool.  There is fault in every coach being named.  Dane Fife is who I would want over all the names being mentioned except Stevens.  Butz that is me.

If he doesn't work out, Lewis or the NBA IU guys.  

My opinion.