Potential replacement coaches

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It is tempting. Arguably the best coach in the country is just sitting there for the taking and probably on the cheap...

I would take him in a heart beat! To me he is a safe hire. The guy knows he has zero room for any wrong doing.  And you know he would fight tooth and nail to get kentucky back on the schedule

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If we offered and he came, he wouldn’t come here unless he wanted to make one more push for a Title. So I’d assume he would be here for at least 4-5 more years.

I'm completely guessing, but I'd guess he'd maybe be open to grooming a replacement for when he retires too.

57 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Michigan seems like a good example. They have both Brandon Johns and Austin Davis as bigs off the bench. Seems similar to Jake Forrester and Joey Brunk. 

Johns was a top 70 recruit, rated higher in the 2018 class than Jake Forrester, yet was willing to stay as a bench player even as he got recruited over. Maybe he still does transfer as a grad transfer for 1 year of more playing time, but so far he's given Michigan three years of good bench play. Why was Forrester only willing to give IU 1 year?

Every program is going to have transfers, that's a given in 2021. But, how do you keep talented kids in a program? I'd guess it comes down to culture, development and winning. 

Davis and Johns are both from Michigan. That probably helps keep them there while Jake went home to Pennsylvania.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm completely guessing, but I'd guess he'd maybe be open to grooming a replacement for when he retires too.

I don't think there is any way in Bloomington that Dolson would offer Ricky P. Just not his style. I would say he offers Bieline before he would ever consider the slick one.  

What is everyone’s wish? Win immediately at all costs? Developing players as they go thru a 4 year cycle? Get only Indiana kids? Recruit the east coast? 

Rick P likely wins soonest

Beilein develops pretty well...

CAM recruiting Indiana pretty well until ‘21

can we just have all 3? 

if Sampson hadn’t had a drug fueled program, he may still be here from 15 years ago

15 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Pitino. I want to effing win.

Rick's favorite song...

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rose instead
We'll get a table near the street
In our old familiar place
You and I, face to face

A bottle of red, a bottle of white
It all depends upon your appetite
I'll meet you any time you want
In our Italian Restaurant

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

While it would never happen RP could be exactly the shot in the arm we need.  RP is instant box-office.  We'd be the most talked about program in the country next season. 

With the open transfer market and what we could have coming back, we could be the best program in the country next season, too. 

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

The state of the program is really embarrassing....there is nothing to be excited about, nothing to look forward to,no hot recruiting news...nothing..🤷‍♂️...and its March!!

Even worse watching Brad Underwood and Chris Holtman in the Big Ten Title game, just to rub it in our faces!

RE: Pitino

I would be stunned if Indiana even gave a moment to the thought of his candidacy.  

Personal position is IU can go a different route and still succeed.  As such, it would be easy to pass on him.

BUT, the points made here are sound:

1) He’d accept today

2) He’d win instantly 

3) He gets the max from his players

4) He has the charisma to come in and get A LOT of talent from the transfer portal on this one-time candy store token via the NCAA

But...

Archived