Potential replacement coaches

Honest questions

1) why hasn’t Billy D popped up in any conversations this go around?

2) Did calling himself a “Masshole” AND a Patriots fan seems a little like an oversell? I mean, is it possible BS was throwing out a smokescreen? I mean, he was in Indy during the height of the Manning years, and is a Homegrown Hoosier. Seems like blasphemous stuff to say to the folks back home.... Maybe therein lies the answer. 

I hope Romeo gets traded.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

FWIW.. I dont think Drew is an option whatsoever. That is an opinion after talking to a friend though. 

The Hanner thing happened... and it happened to an Indiana Elite kid. 

Greg Doyels take/experience on that whole situation is interesting too

1 minute ago, Rev_AK said:

Honest questions

2) Did calling himself a “Masshole” AND a Patriots fan seems a little like an oversell? I mean, is it possible BS was throwing out a smokescreen? I mean, he was in Indy during the height of the Manning years, and is a Homegrown Hoosier. Seems like blasphemous stuff to say to the folks back home.... Maybe therein lies the answer. 

this seems like a very strange post.  Donovan just isn't a consideration.  i don't think that is a smokescreen from Stevens.  Romeo?  who cares if he's traded?

Just now, btownqb said:

I think is quite honestly a moron.. but what's his take? 

I agree. Loves attention.

He wrote an article about Drew and the whole situation with Perea. At the end of the article, he wrote something to the effect of "Shut up Scott". That was his last statement in the article. The article was about months or years (can't remember) after the whole situation.

Then, late one night, he (Doyel) gets a phone call from Drew. Has this creepy/awkward laugh going. Drew asks Doyel what the deal was with the "Shut up Scott." Doyel says, well, your assistant threatened to deport Hanner Perea. Drew sort of brushes it off, laughing creepily and says something to the effect of "so?"

Doyel then asks, is that assistant still on your staff, months (or years) after this happened? Drew creepily laughs and says Yes.

Doyel says "Shut up Scott", and hangs up the phone.

Take it for what it's worth. That's Doyel's biased interpretation of it. Not a fan of him. But still interesting

Just now, ephul said:

He wrote an article about Drew and the whole situation with Perea. At the end of the article, he wrote something to the effect of "Shut up Scott". That was his last statement in the article. The article was about months or years (can't remember) after the whole situation.

Then, late one night, he (Doyel) gets a phone call from Drew. Has this creepy/awkward laugh going. Drew asks Doyel what the deal was with the "Shut up Scott." Doyel says, well, your assistant threatened to deport Hanner Perea. Drew sort of brushes it off, laughing creepily and says something to the effect of "so?"

Doyel then asks, is that assistant still on your staff, months (or years) after this happened? Drew creepily laughs and says Yes.

Take it for what it's worth. That's Doyel's biased interpretation of it. Not a fan of him. But still interesting

Very weird. Not saying it's not true. 

We hire Drew.. we aren't getting any IE kids. Hulls, Perea, Leal, Duncomb, Kaufman, Desaun Thomas, Lander, Yogi, Galloway... we can't alienate ourselves against, consistently probably the best AAU program in the country. 

6 minutes ago, ephul said:

maybe he was talking to IUScott?

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Very weird. Not saying it's not true. 

We hire Drew.. we aren't getting any IE kids. Hulls, Perea, Leal, Duncomb, Kaufman, Desaun Thomas, Lander, Yogi, Galloway... we can't alienate ourselves against, consistently probably the best AAU program in the country. 

I would agree. A coach immediately dismissed by many big players in the state would be a No No

27 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Honest questions

His comments did seem really odd.  Maybe living in Boston just does that to a person. 🤷‍♂️

I find this line appearing in the box-score of one of today's games interesting.

40 Minutes played

9-17 on FG

0-0 on 3 pt FG

11-13 from the line

29 points

13 rebounds (5 offensive)

1 assist

5 steals

2 blocked shots

Who does that line belong to.................................Justin Smith

If Musselman can get that out of Justin, that's a mighty good coaching job.  And, I watched part of the game.  Justin played within the flow of the game the whole time.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Honestly preparing a mid major hire like someone of Moser, that’s my opinion

To me the next coach will come from this list

Beard

Drew

Beilein

Matta

Musselman

To me there is no way we get a mid major because I think Belein would accept the job.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

To me the next coach will come from this list

Beard

Drew

Beilein

Matta

Musselman

To me there is no way we get a mid major because I think Belein would accept the job.

I’m not 100% on what I’m said, but Moser is name I would closely look on. Honestly it’s probably going to Beilein

I’m disappointed about Brad.  I’m a Hoosier and so is he.  I think he’s outstanding.  He’s got a great mind for adjustments and strategy.  

But....he’s not the only good coach in existence or who is available.  You have a conference full of solid coaches as well as there being a ton of good basketball players.  Those reasons are why you have a very tough conference in the B1G.  It’s just a fact of life.   We just don’t need to panic.  We need a well reasoned decision and get another coach. He may not be Brad but he can still be as good for us. Maybe better.  

Right now I’m fixated on Musselman and Beard in that order.  I’d be intrigued by Oats but he’s locked into Alabama.   Matta would have to answer about his health, and particularly whether he can recruit and perform on court instruction in practice.  We don’t need a guy who can’t put 100% into all aspects of the job.  

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m disappointed about Brad.  I’m a Hoosier and so is he.  I think he’s outstanding.  He’s got a great mind for adjustments and strategy.  

But....he’s not the only good coach in existence or who is available.  You have a conference full of solid coaches as well as there being a ton of good basketball players.  Those reasons are why you have a very tough conference in the B1G.  It’s just a fact of life.   We just don’t need to panic.  We need a well reasoned decision and get another coach. He may not be Brad but he can still be as good for us. Maybe better.  

Right now I’m fixated on Musselman and Beard in that order.  I’d be intrigued by Oats but he’s locked into Alabama.   Matta would have to answer about his health, and particularly whether he can recruit and perform on court instruction in practice.  We don’t need a guy who can’t put 100% into all aspects of the job.  

Those are my guys too. They just appear to make so much sense. Which is why deep down I don’t expect to get either one. ☹️

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

BS called himself a Masshole?  All I need to know. 

Ngl, his comments were extremely insulting. “I’m not a kid anymore”, like jeez dude why don’t you double down and spit in Scott Dolson’s face while you’re at it. Sorry that we reached out and bothered you with an insane offer and wanted to treat you like a god 🙄

im bitter rn but enjoy your fellow “massholes” you aligned yourself with today asking for your resignation for the next 3 months. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Ngl, his comments were extremely insulting. “I’m not a kid anymore”, like jeez dude why don’t you double down and spit in Scott Dolson’s face while you’re at it. Sorry that we reached out and bothered you with an insane offer and wanted to treat you like a god 🙄

im bitter rn but enjoy your fellow “massholes” you aligned yourself with today asking for your resignation for the next 3 months. 

Celtic Twitter is bad right now 

2 hours ago, Rev_AK said:

Honest questions

I wonder now if it gets out that IU is offering 7-8mm/year if someone like Donvovan or Bennett makes contact?   Unlikely, but $$ talks. 

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Starting to remind me of Urban Meyer and ND. It's his dream job and yet he keeps turning it down.

Archived