Potential replacement coaches

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Let’s just hope it’s not some wacky choice like Enfield.  

Dolson made a bold move financially with Archie.  I’m convinced it’s to make a bold hire ... not Altman nor Enfield nor Oats nor Pope.

I’d be pretty shocked if it weren’t beard or musselman so tbd.    

Beard and Pat Knight are best buds - so I’m sure Pats pulling every string to help get him here. 

• Like 1

Can we just hire Beilein already and put this emotional rollercoaster to bed 😂? With all the money we don’t have to spend on Stevens we could hold onto for that future home run hire once Coach B gets this program back on track and IU becomes an attractive destination. 

Maybe it’s just me, but give me Coach B over any of our other candidates in March. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leathernecks said:

If we really offered 7-8 for Stevens, and we're not moving on to the Beard, Drew, Musselman group, it does make you wonder.

Who knows. We need someone to start stalking Dolson and hacking his computer since there won’t be any flight tracking going on with everyone in Indy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

If we really offered 7-8 for Stevens, and we're not moving on to the Beard, Drew, Musselman group, it does make you wonder.

Sounds like Drew has some skeletons around here and Glass didn’t sniff him 4 years ago.    But yes - makes you wonder for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Can we just hire Beilein already and put this emotional rollercoaster to bed 😂? With all the money we don’t have to spend on Stevens we could hold onto for that future home run hire once Coach B gets this program back on track and IU becomes an attractive destination. 

Maybe it’s just me, but give me Coach B over any of our other candidates in March. 

Problem is, you need a new coach in like 4 years.  When you start recruiting, kids won’t even know who their coach will be when they graduate.    

phenomenal coach no doubt.    It’s possible he’s like plan F

26 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Problem is, you need a new coach in like 4 years.  When you start recruiting, kids won’t even know who their coach will be when they graduate.    

phenomenal coach no doubt.    It’s possible he’s like plan F

I think he could give us a good 6 years, heck Boheim just won a first round game at 76

Edited by IU Scott

Obviously just my opinion, but to me hiring Alford is the IU administration saying they couldn't get anyone else to say yes. 

Because there is no way you go to him before you go to Beard, Musselman, Drew, Oats, etc. 

I can't think of a more uninspiring hire. At least with Fife you can play the "up and comer" card to drum up excitement. 

But Alford would just be a massive thud of a hire to me. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Obviously just my opinion, but to me hiring Alford is the IU administration saying they couldn't get anyone else to yes. 

Because there is not way you go to him before you go to Beard, Musselman, Drew, Oats, etc. 

I can't think of a more uninspiring hire. At least with Fife you can play the "up and comer" card the drum up excitement. 

So maybe I am not so far fetched about my theory about this IU job.  I have ripped for years saying we won't attract elite coaches even if we pay huge money.  I still think a little bit of that is the fan base but not the main reason coaches don't want to come here.  If we end up going from thinking Stevens was a possibility to getting another mid major something is wrong.  It appeared the administration gave Dolson the OK to big and he did so the excuse of the administration standing in the way is mute.  We have went through 5 coaches and AD's in the last 21 years so maybe the fan base needs to look in the mirror if we can't get a top coach.  You saw how crazy we were this past week looking at every tweet or post reading into it what we wanted to see.  To an outsider it probably does look like this fan base is a little crazy.

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Obviously just my opinion, but to me hiring Alford is the IU administration saying they couldn't get anyone else to yes. 

Because there is no way you go to him before you go to Beard, Musselman, Drew, Oats, etc. 

I can't think of a more uninspiring hire. At least with Fife you can play the "up and comer" card the drum up excitement. 

Oh ABSOLUTELY. You are literally waving the white flag and saying “we really are a has been, so let’s embrace it with a candidate that drives the nail in the coffin for good” I’m sorry but any of you who think Alford is potential slam dunk hire are clueless, sloppy drunk, or worse. 

Fife wouldn’t get a sniff from any major program AT. ALL. His resume for a Big D1 school is literally “incomplete.” And I’d do back flips for Fife over Alford.

If we hire Alford you might as well come to my house and kick my dog while you’re at it. And take a dump on my front porch. And slash my tires.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So maybe I am not so far fetched about my theory about this IU job.  I have ripped for years saying we won't attract elite coaches even if we pay huge money.  I still think a little bit of that is the fan base but not the main reason coaches don't want to come here.  If we end up going from thinking Stevens was a possibility to getting another mid major something is wrong.  It appeared the administration gave Dolson the OK to big and he did so the excuse of the administration standing in the way is mute.  We have went through 5 coaches and AD's in the last 21 years so maybe the fan base needs to look in the mirror if we can't get a top coach.  You saw how crazy we were this past week looking at every tweet or post reading into it what we wanted to see.  To an outsider it probably does look like this fan base is a little crazy.

Go visit SEC Boards. There’s literally NOTHING about IU fans that are over the top. As a UT football fan, I’m way more sick and tired of IU fans being too nice and sitting on their hands.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That all remains to be seen. Those other coaches haven't said no yet. 

25 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

This is really sad. We are all going to be painfully disappointed. 

Beginning to feel the same way. I HATE that it’s worked out this way. For whoever we end up with it wouldn’t been so much better if Stevens had never been even a remote discussion point. The whole program has been b%#$& Slapped.

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Go visit SEC Boards. There’s literally NOTHING about IU fans that are over the top. As a UT football fan, I’m way more sick and tired of IU fans being too nice and sitting on their hands.

Well we made plenty of coaching changes and AD's changes.  It appears this time the excuse of the administration standing in the way is not valid.  So what else is there that could be keeping coaches from wanting to coach here

5 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Second hand info from a relative of mine in contact with someone in UM athletics: Beilein's move at present appears to be Depaul where he can do the Ray/Joey Meyer thing. Take it for what it's worth.

That would be great to have our great backup plan go by the wayside