Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

He interviewed Woodson yesterday. Its not just a name being thrown around.

I'm not doubting what you were told or that he interviewed. Now we are hearing chatter about Matta. Like @BobSaccamannostated above, I think he is just interviewing those who are available until some of the other coaches are out of the tourney.

• Like 3

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Sorry I was golfing this afternoon.  In the words of our late friend.  “The winds have shifted away from Woodson and onto a former big ten coach.”  I see some have already figured that out!

John Groce come in doooooown

• Haha 9

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Sorry I was golfing this afternoon.  In the words of our late friend.  “The winds have shifted away from Woodson and onto a former big ten coach.”  I see some have already figured that out!

Is that Tom creans music!!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ferg 32 said:

It sounds like he is healthy right now or stable. I didn’t realize he has been absent since 2017. I also am astonished he is only 53.

So many people don't realize how young Matta is. With his experience in the Big Ten and his prowess in Indiana, he'd be a great hire IMO

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm not doubting what you were told or that he interviewed. Now we are hearing chatter about Matta. Like @BobSaccamannostated above, I think he is just interviewing those who are available until some of the other coaches are out of the tourney.

I hope it’s a situation that IF we wanted Stevens first and the boosters were sold on a plan of “Stevens is almost a certainty, but if not we have Coach B ready” that that “Coach B” is already set and we are waiting for them or something and all the rest of this chatter is just buying time.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I would love to get Matta if he is totally heathy and ready to get back into coaching.  He was always one of the coaches I wanted at IU when he was at Xavier.

• Like 2

Let’s say it is indeed Matta, wouldn’t we be able to know that for sure before the tournament ended since he isn’t coaching? I could also see Dolson being sneaky, making people think “oh it must be someone coaching in the tournament” and not announce it until after its over making people think it is, and then ends up not being at all. 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Let’s say it is indeed Matta, wouldn’t we be able to know that for sure before the tournament ended since he isn’t coaching? I could also see Dolson being sneaky, making people think “oh it must be someone coaching in the tournament” and not announce it until after its over making people think it is, and then ends up not being at all. 

What would be the benefit of that if your coach is ready to go?

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I think right now we are just hearing guys who will be interviewed and we will probably interview coaches who are still in the tournament.  right now we can interview Matta since he is not working at this time.

• Like 4