Potential replacement coaches

24 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Let’s say it is indeed Matta, wouldn’t we be able to know that for sure before the tournament ended since he isn’t coaching? I could also see Dolson being sneaky, making people think “oh it must be someone coaching in the tournament” and not announce it until after its over making people think it is, and then ends up not being at all. 

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What would be the benefit of that if your coach is ready to go?

airplane movie meme  28 images  c span broadcast

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Again, I never compared the overall resumes of Beard and Miller. I compared 1 season for each saying they were comparable, and no matter how hard you kick and scream, they are...

And, again, since you're not grasping it, that is NOT a comparison to overall records or coaching records.

My OPINION is that Beard is not a "sure thing." That's it...and you want to for some reason say it's a defense of Archie Miller (which it's not) and that I can't "get over" the fact he was fired. I was "over it" 2 minutes after it happened. 

You simply can't accept that someone has an opinion that's different from yours. And that's your cross to bear.

when it comes to never being wrong, this could be a Clash of the Titans right here!  i'm getting my popcorn and excited to read the next few pages!  i've been away today.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Sorry I was golfing this afternoon.  In the words of our late friend.  “The winds have shifted away from Woodson and onto a former big ten coach.”  I see some have already figured that out!

please continue to tell me the winds are blowing away from Woodson!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Beard - maybe?

2. Musselman - maybe?

3. Drew - don't see it happening with the Perea issue and IN HS coaches

4. Matta - maybe?

5. Beilein - maybe?

6. Moser  

100. Fife

101. Alford

102. Woodson

103. Cheaney

104. Lewis

105. Wittman

106. Whatever other "IU guy" has been brought up.

@IUwins0708From what you are hearing, just how disappointed would I be?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Why the f*** does nobody seem to want this job? 

I’m overreacting but...jeez. Beard should be jumping at this. 

Because coaches today don't need to go to the blue bloods to win big any longer. Beard is the 3rd highest aid coach in college so he doesn't need to leave for money.  Most college programs that are in the power 5 conferences have great facilities so they don't need to go elsewhere

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because coaches today don't need to go to the blue bloods to win big any longer. Beard is the 3rd highest aid coach in college so he doesn't need to leave for money.  Most college programs that are in the power 5 conferences have great facilities so they don't need to go elsewhere

Or.... They're still coaching and are absolutely not going to say they are interested in another job. 

I'd be fine with Matta if they hired someone like Fife to be the lead assistant/heir apparent.

Woodson is a solid coach and the connection is obvious. Just not sure how recruits would view it. Could he keep enough current players and land enough recruits to prove he can turn it around?

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 1