Potential replacement coaches

18 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I guess I'm just pragmatic.

Sorry Turtle I don't see it as pragmatic but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I think many of. us simply could not tolerate as iniquitous a culture as you. For many of us the ends do not justify such means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Well there you go. Our program is so amazingly awesome that we are telling HOF coaches to kick rocks. 

I'm sure he's the first to cheat on his wife.

The strippers don't happen here because we actually have compliance and an AD that cares.

Doesn't it feel good to be sitting home for the 5th year in a row, in our own gym no less, and pounding your chest at how pious we are while the nation laughs at us?

I want to win but not with coaches like Pitino or Calapari

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

My gut tells me Stevens was plan A.  Maybe Muss/Beard plans B/C (either order).  Matta plan D.  Beilein, Woodson, etc etc next tier.  

Possible. I also think Dolson is just keeping things super quiet and no one really knows and everyone keeps throwing names around hoping something sticks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want to win but not with coaches like Pitino or Calapari

Winning is fun and losing is not. I want someone to win. IF IU ever hired one of them fans would be mad for a little while but if they started winning the complaining would stop. That said it’ll never happen lol

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Sorry Turtle I don't see it as pragmatic but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I think many of. us simply could not tolerate as iniquitous a culture as you. For many of us the ends do not justify such means.

Thank you and that was how the IU fan base I loved thought but today's generation is all about the result and not how you get them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Winning is fun and losing is not. I want someone to win. IF IU ever hired one of them fans would be mad for a little while but if they started winning the complaining would stop. That said it’ll never happen lol

Winning the right way is fun but winning and then having to give those wins up are not.

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Musselman can coach. Archie couldn't!

Archie knows b-ball and can coach. His flaw was recruiting and a dud offensive system.  No national recruit wanted to come here. Not an attractive program outside of “Indiana” kids.    He knows hoops though. He didn’t get to Indiana on accident. 

• Like 3

Muss moved around for upward mobility. His trajectory is not erratic like Larry Brown’s.  His moves were rational.  If anything he was willing to coach minor league ball and be an assistant in college.  I like that lifer, grinder mentality.  Every move he made was well thought out IMO.  

I agree you ask him about it but I’m not panicking over his moves.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Any coach not 100% focused on his team and program in the S16 would be hard to beleive. They have a legit shot at a final 4. 

Can't imagine he is going anywhere besides with his players and coaches.

I’m sure feelers have already been put out. Muss knows IU will pony up cash as will Arkansas.  He’ll just have to determine if there is something at the IU job that Arkansas can’t offer him.  Plus he’s already started building there.    Last question is where does he want to go?  Is Arkansas his destination?  Would IU be a destination job for him?   Would Duke or UNC be a destination job for him?  Does he want to go back to NBA again?    A lot of questions... but money won’t be an issue basically going forward.  His payday is coming.  Just up to him where/what he wants to do.  

• Like 3