Potential replacement coaches

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this. The day before JB Jr announcement he was the only one besides one of our members on here saying JB Jr to IU. He knows someone.....which means he's 50/50 at best recently.

Yes - I donā€™t remember all of the specifics, but this guy definitely has some legitimately inside info.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

Why him?

I canā€™t see how weā€™d be ready with somebody like Beard this fast and Lander was being recruited by Michigan. Ā I seriously doubt Matta or Woody would be considered home runs. Ā I think we can do better than Beilein but Iā€™m speculating who those clues leadĀ to. Ā Ā 

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I canā€™t see how weā€™d be ready with somebody like Beard this fast and Lander was being recruited by Michigan. Ā I seriously doubt Matta or Woody would be considered home runs. Ā I think we can do better than Beilein but Iā€™m speculating who those clues leadĀ to. Ā Ā 

Again. Unless itā€™s a currentĀ NBA Coach ....

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Lots of these coaches like Bennett and Shaka as well. Ā I know that Kendrick and Jim both do. Ā Both of these coaches recruit Indiana and Shaka recruited Landers as well. Ā 

Edited by IU_Realist

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Don't think he ever used "NBA Coach"Ā  could be wrongĀ 

I don't think he said NBA coach, but he did say NBA offense.Ā  Although this description would indicate that an NBA coach more likely to be a candidate.Ā  Besides when Scott thinks about NBA, he sometimes gets a little crazy.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well Lander and this guy are from Evansville so maybe they would consider Calbert as a home run.Ā  The Pacers have been on the road and will be home after Mondays game at Milwaukee

Chris007 at BTB has said Calbert prefers the NBA and that his wife would never live in Bloomington.

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Nothing says, "I've got a solid argument" quite like correcting someone's grammar.Ā 

And yes, I cite Covid and a winter storm costing Tech porbably 6 wins because it's two games against TCU and probably 4 easy OOC games.Ā 

Except maybe using the word "probably" to substantiate your "facts."Ā 

Edited by IUFLA

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

If it is Calbert whatā€™s your opinion of that?

Highly doubtful, he loves NBA, but Iā€™d be ok with it. Ā For one it would hush up the Indiana crowd. Ā If itā€™s him he needs to have a strong supporting cast on the bench. Ā Like Lewis, Fife, Guyton, Woodson, or Wittman. Ā Any of those guys would help and a guy like Phil Martelli wouldnā€™t hurt either. Ā