Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ferg 32 said:

Stable team but doesn’t he run a pretty slow offense?

Bennett has only once had an adjusted tempo ranking on KenPom above 336 (out of 357). That was his first year where they ranked 316th which was a huge drop from the 89th ranked pace they had in Dave Leitao's last year at UVA. Fun fact, they have ranked 353, 353, and 357 in the past 3 seasons.

Bennett is a great coach, but I don't see how continuation of the packline and a snail's pace offense is going to be moving the program into the future as Dolson claimed.

3 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Bennett will get killed in the big ten I would rather watch paint dry 

I’m not his biggest fan either but he’s definitely an upgrade.  When he won the title he had a pretty good offense but for the most part his offense isn’t fun to watch.  You know what is fun to watch though??? WINNING!!!

1 minute ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Bennett has only once had an adjusted tempo ranking on KenPom above 336 (out of 357). That was his first year where they ranked 316th which was a huge drop from the 89th ranked pace they had in Dave Leitao's last year at UVA. Fun fact, they have ranked 353, 353, and 357 in the past 3 seasons.

Bennett is a great coach, but I don't see how continuation of the packline and a snail's pace offense is going to be moving the program into the future as Dolson claimed.

Yeah he’s more old school controlled strategic game and less free flowing in my opinion. Basically an improved Miller

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not his biggest fan either but he’s definitely an upgrade.  When he won the title he had a pretty good offense but for the most part his offense isn’t fun to watch.  You know what is fun to watch though??? WINNING!!!

He is an upgrade but so would Jack Butcher of Loogottee (sp) who coached years years ago but I don’t want to watch that kind of basketball 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve been preaching this for a while.  Howard is winning with Beiliens (sp?) players and culture.  Can he sustain it? That’s the part that remains to be seen.  Anyone remember Mike Davis doing basically the same thing????

Mike Davis, to his own verbiage, mixed up recruiting and the class that was going to save him Rothbart and Smith went pro out of HS. 

Then, the pressure and honestly the hatred that was sent his way - he stopped functioning.

It was more than coaching.

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Mike Davis, to his own verbiage, mixed up recruiting and the class that was going to save him Rothbart and Smith went pro out of HS. 

Then, the pressure and honestly the hatred that was sent his way - he stopped functioning.

It was more than coaching.

Exactly, way more

Lol this entire situation is crazy. Message boards and Twitter are the worst for coaching searches. I love the info but the emotional rollercoaster is worse than watching an actual game. Bennet? Donovan lmao. I don’t even know what to think at this point besides “I can’t wait until it’s official”. I just hope it isn’t an IU guy for the sake of being an IU guy. There’s 5-6 guys I wouldn’t throw a fit about. None of them are IU guys unless they are as assistants. 

30 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Bennett ball is Archie ball...but you win.

Archived