Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Indiana is hiring a head coach and it is going to be a homerun.  Got it.  Great info he dropped for me.

So you are saying you have a credible source that you trust and are fully confident to pass on this tidbit? I’m cool with that! Thanks for sharing.

Any more info that can be passed on will be greatly appreciated. Cryptic is good, I’ve got to keep my 53 year old mind challenged. 😊

2 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

If you put all your eggs into the basket over tweets.  Landers tweet could connect many things, but wasn't he abhuge Michigan fan and that was his dream school?  Didn't Kendrick tweet that years ago? So, John B in the equation?

Or.... it could be he finally got have a regular college weekend for the first time all year and he had some fun. 

Only half joking. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

So you are saying you have a credible source that you trust and are fully confident to pass on this tidbit? I’m cool with that! Thanks for sharing.

Any more info that can be passed on will be greatly appreciated. Cryptic is good, I’ve got to keep my 53 year old mind challenged. 😊

My sources tell me its going to be Dan Dakich and he will lead us to the promise land

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yeah, my credible source is the voices in my head.  One uses a bunch of curse words but seems to know basketball and the other says he is a Masshole who is just not that into me.

Just now, jefftheref said:

Dumb question. Were any of the assistants retained and if so who is actually coaching or handling team business since Archie was released?

Thanks

Kenya Hunter, Mike Roberts, and Clif Marshall were retained for the transition

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The info is its done sit back and wait a day or so.

You think we can wait a day or two?!   We're the same nuts who did a record thread on Moses Abraham (who turned out to be a journeyman bench player) and Billy Donovan because someone said he was looking for a house in Bloomington (who is an has been firmly entrenched as an NBA coach).  Who do you think you are anyway?  Do you think you're some sane person who can pass the "marsh mellow test"?  If you are, you're on the wrong board buddy!

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

Dumb question. Were any of the assistants retained and if so who is actually coaching or handling team business since Archie was released?

Thanks

I believe the whole staff outside of Miller and Ostrom were retained in the interim.

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

My sources tell me its going to be Dan Dakich and he will lead us to the promise land

You say that tic..and Dakich would IMO be a better assistant coach than some of the other iu players that have been talked about and would be a good asset.  Never ever ever gonna happen. And I think he’s an egotistical ass. But during his broadcasts I agree with 90 percent of what he says regarding actual basketball.  Or maybe I’m just a dummy too 🤷🏻‍♂️...

Archived