Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

I refuse to let last week happen again, especially to myself and my mental health! Whoever it is, I´ll personally have an initial reaction, then it will be time to have their back!

That is where I am at.  Let's get this done so we can start talking about the way forward.  Anybody they pick, whether I am a "meh" or not is going to have my support to start.  I want whoever it is to be a turnaround guy at the very least.  

If it is Bennett, cool.  I will get used to falling asleep in the middle of games and waking up at the end to see us win.  If it is Beilein, I will pray that Methusaleh can hold out long enough to be a good bridge to the next candidate.  If Matta, pray to the good Lord his back holds out.  One of the IU guys?  At least we already know they look good in candy stripes.  Whatever.  Let's just get a guy in place so we can work the transfer market and see if we cannot have ourselves a tournament team next year.  I don't feel that is out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

I'm getting tired of the term 'source'.

Let's be honest; there are various degrees fo sources. A 'source; may be a former player, but what does a former player really know? They're probably being told something by their source who is being told something by their source. It's a game of telephone. 

With Dolton's desire to keep this a secret, a truly meaningful source won't be blabbing about it to someone who they know is going to turnaround and divulge the information to somebody who's gong to share it on twitter or a message board. 

I don't doubt that certain guys on this board interact with people in 'the know' and I appreciate them sharing what they are hearing. But it's only what they are hearing - it's not fact (which they admit upfront) and has a low probability of being true, especially on a coaching search. This is not a recruitment. This is a search where the discretion of candidates being interviewed it vitally important to their career. Dolson can't afford to have leaks if he wants to interview all these guys we consider 'home runs'...he needs to be trusted. 

• Thanks 1

With this roster as it is right now. Beilein is my pick for iu coach because at least he’s an offensive guru who would maximize lander, armann and hunter love his spacing of his offense we didn’t have bad shooters it just the system before did not prioritize perimeter shooting and in fact sometimes discouraged it. Not saying I would love coach beilein but at least I would finally watch some nice offensives sets with the guards and wings we have just my amateur opinion lol

Edited by Calihoosier
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Indiana is hiring a head coach and it is going to be a homerun.  Got it.  Great info he dropped for me.

Edit:  And I know I am sounding like a dick but my skepticism meter is past full right now.  I mean, am I the only one who sees that literally anyone can drop a post like that and be technically right?

Well our last few hires have been errors so i sure as hell will take a homerun no matter who it is....minus one or two people.  And if somebody wants to post something super vague and champion himself ( if thats whats happening here)  idgaf if it means we get a homerun coach.

1 minute ago, Calihoosier said:

The other thing I would want from any coach is being able to teach our team to be good at free throws man I miss automatic free throw shooters like Jordan hulls 😢 

Or whoever coached FTs for Oral Roberts...82% as a TEAM...That's pretty good :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm getting tired of the term 'source'.

Let's be honest; there are various degrees fo sources. A 'source; may be a former player, but what does a former player really know? They're probably being told something by their source who is being told something by their source. It's a game of telephone. 

With Dolton's desire to keep this a secret, a truly meaningful source won't be blabbing about it to someone who they know is going to turnaround and divulge the information to somebody who's gong to share it on twitter or a message board. 

I don't doubt that certain guys on this board interact with people in 'the know' and I appreciate them sharing what they are hearing. But it's only what they are hearing - it's not fact (which they admit upfront) and has a low probability of being true, especially on a coaching search. This is not a recruitment. This is a search where the discretion of candidates being interviewed it vitally important to their career. Dolson can't afford to have leaks if he wants to interview all these guys we consider 'home runs'...he needs to be trusted. 

Bingo. We have all routinely been wrong on coaching searches. It’s a very small circle, smaller than most recruiting battles.  Reading the tea leaves is foolhardy. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

With this roster as it is right now. Beilein is my pick for iu coach because at least he’s an offensive guru who would maximize lander, armann and hunter love his spacing of his offense we didn’t have bad shooters it just the system before did not prioritize perimeter shooting and in fact sometimes discouraged it. Not saying I would love coach beilein but at least I would finally watch some nice offensives sets with the guards and wings we have just my amateur opinion lol

Totally my thoughts. I almost think he is already a go and we are waiting on UCLA to lose so we can set this up the way Dolson wants it. Hire Mike Lewis as Asst HC with Beilein. This way we get our 5 or 6 years out of Beilein and when he is ready to call it quits...you have Lewis ready to take over.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

Totally my thoughts. I almost think he is already a go and we are waiting on UCLA to lose so we can set this up the way Dolson wants it. Hire Mike Lewis as Asst HC with Beilein. This way we get our 5 or 6 years out of Beilein and when he is ready to call it quits...you have Lewis ready to take over.

I'm really intrigued by the possible future Michael Lewis could have in coaching. Played for Knight for four years, coached under him for two more. Has possibly been VERY instrumental in the Div 1 success of teams where he has been an assistant. More than 15 years as a very successful assistant, fiery personality.

Not saying IU should hire him as head coach, but, man, the ingredients are there for him to be quite the coach some day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Winning cures a lot of things regardless of how an offense is run. I don’t care if the offense is the same style as CAM as long as the team is winning I don’t care. 

Winning gets this team back to consistent NCAA tournament appearances as well as finishing in the top half of the Big Ten. Recruits will take notice and be even more attracted to IU. 

To me the difference I see between Archie and Bennett is that Bennett allows his team to shoot more from the 3.  Also I see Bennett developing players where they get better every year.

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I mean, I literally say the same thing on the way to In n out burger. Could be anything.

Right. But look at the ND Kendrick tweet an hour prior to that.   He’s an AAU guy in Evansville area.   In conjunction, I’d be surprised if it doesn’t mean something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Right. But look at the ND Kendrick tweet an hour prior to that.   He’s an AAU guy in Evansville area.   In conjunction, I’d be surprised if it doesn’t mean something. 

But how in the world would a PLAYER know something and it not be out? I see no way that could happen. If one player knows they all know and if they all know it leaks. The players alone is WAY too big of a circle to keep something tight lipped for more than 8-16 hours.

• Like 1

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

But how in the world would a PLAYER know something and it not be out? I see no way that could happen. If one player knows they all know and if they all know it leaks. The players alone is WAY too big of a circle to keep something tight lipped for more than 8-16 hours.

great point