Potential replacement coaches

4 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

But how in the world would a PLAYER know something and it not be out? I see no way that could happen. If one player knows they all know and if they all know it leaks. The players alone is WAY too big of a circle to keep something tight lipped for more than 8-16 hours.

Well, Lander tweeted about 12 hours ago, so it should be out in another 4 hours tops. :coffee:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

But how in the world would a PLAYER know something and it not be out? I see no way that could happen. If one player knows they all know and if they all know it leaks. The players alone is WAY too big of a circle to keep something tight lipped for more than 8-16 hours.

Or did Lander F up and say/post something?

46 minutes ago, Calihoosier said:

When was the last time iu was above 80 percent as a team in free throws?

I looked a few months ago and went back to 1975 and saw we shot over 75% 5 times in that time frame but never over 80%. earlier in the year Colorado was shooting 83.5% which would be an all time record in college basketball.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Either he had a date or he is hearing ab put a coach he likes.  I remember he was really looking hard at Michigan so maybe it is Beilein

I hooked him with a girl I used to take to the drive-in back in the 70's. I told him to remember the poly grip!

59 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Bingo. We have all routinely been wrong on coaching searches. It’s a very small circle, smaller than most recruiting battles.  Reading the tea leaves is foolhardy. 

it is as hard as keeping servers up and running...:coffee:

35 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Right. But look at the ND Kendrick tweet an hour prior to that.   He’s an AAU guy in Evansville area.   In conjunction, I’d be surprised if it doesn’t mean something. 

That's definitely not the reaction a well connected AAU guy would make if it's Beilein, Matta, or Woodson who were 3 guys we absolutely knew we could easily get well before we fired Archie.  It's certainly someone much bigger.

I imagine this has been Scott Dolson the past week.

ytmplvg.gif

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's definitely not the reaction a well connected AAU guy would make if it's Beilein, Matta, or Woodson who were 3 guys we absolutely knew we could easily get well before we fired Archie.  It's certainly someone much bigger.

I imagine this has been Scott Dolson the past week.

ytmplvg.gif

Yep! He’s been whale hunting unfortunately just didn’t get the great white one....

I don’t think anyway! 

39 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Or did Lander F up and say/post something?

That’s exactly my point. If players know and are told to keep quiet THEY WON’T. So it will leak out. They’re not going to keep it from their girlfriends, parents, busy bud, and so on and then it gets out. Info like that can’t be kept on the DL so if it’s info to keep quiet it won’t be shared to them, and if that’s the case what he’s tweeting about isn’t a coach.

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

That’s exactly my point. If players know and are told to keep quiet THEY WON’T. So it will leak out. They’re not going to keep it from their girlfriends, parents, busy bud, and so on and then it gets out. Info like that can’t be kept on the DL so if it’s info to keep quiet it won’t be shared to them, and if that’s the case what he’s tweeting about isn’t a coach.

He could have decided to transfer for all we know and that would be happier days if he is not feeling it here.

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

i'm thinking someone was bringing him some Dagwoods and he was really hungy.  

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He could have decided to transfer for all we know and that would be happier days if he is not feeling it here.

Agreed it’s much more likely he’s tweeting about something NOT related to the coaching search and more specifically about a hire he knows happened recently.

Archived