Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ChiHoosier said:

Rabjohns says there wasn't a deal or a failed physical

So, I'll ask again.  Is Goodman taking his trolling to an extreme and leaking 'fake news' from a source at the same time he just happens to bump into Thad Matta,  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Jim Coyle is a well respected radio journalist here in Indiana.  If that's his real account, then who knows.  What makes me suspicious is Jeff Goodman's photo with Matta being posted on Social Media literally minutes before then.  Is Goodman trolling?

Goodman's been trolling the IU fanbase for days now, though I have no idea why, and he's been disparaging up and coming coaches in a roundabout way in the process, which is extremely not cool in my book. 

Trolling at all as a "journalist" is particularly unprofessional, but whatever. It's another thing entirely to **** on coaches who have nothing to do with it. Bush league.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I told everyone he wasn't healthy. What the hell is Scott Dolson doing?  He's worse than Fred.  The Indiana Administration is so incompetent it's not even funny. 

I dont get this.. In sports you dont have a physical until you "agree" to a contract...

Thats why trades and signings are said to be "official" pending a physical 

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I told everyone he wasn't healthy. What the hell is Scott Dolson doing?  He's worse than Fred.  The Indiana Administration is so incompetent it's not even funny. 

Both Rabjohns and Osterman have said the Matta report was not accurate. No physical, no offer. 

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The more junk I read like that, the more I’m convinced SD is keeping this thing locked up tighter than a drum. Good for him. We won’t know squat until he is ready for us to. 

My conspiracy theory is that Dolson is smoking out the rats, starting the rumors himself and see which one takes. 😆 

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

There are conflicting reports.  I tend to believe the one from Rabjohns that says no offer was made and a physical was not even performed.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

Goodman's been trolling the IU fanbase for days now, though I have no idea why, and he's been disparaging up and coming coaches in a roundabout way in the process, which is extremely not cool in my book. 

Trolling at all as a "journalist" is particularly unprofessional, but whatever. It's another thing entirely to **** on coaches who have nothing to do with it. Bush league.

Don't know if it is because he has interest...but, he is good friends with Archie.  He was Archie's go to 

i got no problem with the decision taking more time.  like i say, i hope they are going hard after Bennett or Beard right now and after the other if one doesn't work out. if neither takes it, i hope they go hard after Muss when Ark is out.  if that doesn't work, either Matta or Beilein.   

If I’m Matta, I’m royally ticked off at Coyle.  His allegedly failing a physical—even if it were true, which it apparently is not— is probably a medical issue covered by confidentiality.  And for good reasons. This could make Matta toxic to future employers.  Don’t be surprised if his attorney writes a letter to Coyle demanding a public retraction.  Coyle looks like a total clown. 

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

You don't think they're capable of a screw up like that?  You've obviously been asleep for 21 years.  They've done far worse.

How is it even a screw up.  We say Thad, we're interested in you as a coach, but we need you to pass a physical to be certain before we sign a contract.  It's like a baseball team conditionally trading for a pitcher who has a high ceiling but is coming off an arm issue.  If healthy, worth the risk.  If not, trade never happens.  

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You don't think they're capable of a screw up like that?  You've obviously been asleep for 21 years.  They've done far worse.

This isn’t a screw up. It’s being thorough. Matta of healthy is a top coach and worth talking to and finding out if healthy. 

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i got no problem with the decision taking more time.  like i say, i hope they are going hard after Bennett or Beard right now and after the other if one doesn't work out. if neither takes it, i hope they go hard after Muss when Ark is out.  if that doesn't work, either Matta or Beilein.   

They will all say 'hell no!'

Well maybe not Beilein. He has one foot in the coffin and the other on a banana peel.

Just now, 5fouls said:

How is it even a screw up.  We say Thad, we're interested in you as a coach, but we need you to pass a physical to be certain before we sign a contract.  It's like a baseball team conditionally trading for a pitcher who has a high ceiling but is coming off an arm issue.  If healthy, worth the risk.  If not, trade never happens.  

Exactly. I don’t think it even happened, but even if it did that's the exact reason you do a physical. 

The screw up would have been hiring him and holding off on a red tape thing like a physical for 3-4 months and then having him have a health issue in September or even worse mid-season. 

Archived