Potential replacement coaches

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Osterman didn't do anything wrong because he tweeted that this was not true

You mean hours after he reported on twitter that sources inside the IU athletic department told him Matta had an agreement but failed his physical? So, he debunked his own reporting. Not sure why you are carrying water for Osterman Clown or any aleged expert citing unnamed sources.

Just now, Euroclydon said:

You mean hours after he reported on twitter that sources inside the IU athletic department told him Matta had an agreement but failed his physical? So, he debunked his own reporting. Not sure why you are carrying water for Osterman Clown or any aleged expert citing unnamed sources.

He never said that but he said that report was way off the mark meaning not true

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

0708 posted a couple hours ago that multiple coaches have said that IU is not the brand that they used to be, insinuating they have turned us down.

I asked him to quote or document that claim, and have heard nothing since.

Sure I am gonna be viewed as another guy who has pushed a valuable poster out the door. So be it. If someone makes that kind of statement, then they need to have something to back it up.

I agree with you. Lots of time to get our next head coach 

Just so you know you aren’t important enough to me to push me out the door anyway.  Don’t flatter yourself.  I’ll keep quoting you so you know I’m not ignoring you precious.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

No matter what happens the rest of this game or the rest if the tournament, I'd love to hire Oats. He's probably #1 on my list. I think he could be a guy that stays for 25 years and makes a ton of deep tourney runs.

If one donor paid $10 million for Archie's buyout, that means there are a ton of donors who haven't opened their pocketbook yet. Go get him.

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

I don’t believe a single thing posted in this thread or on Twitter.

Nobody has or have had a clue what’s going on the entire time.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, if I read this correctly, you don't believe your second sentence.  :coffee:

Everything I’ve ever posted is false, including this one.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Who cares if it’s Johnny from Kroger if he wins 

I went into the Jackson Creek Kroger and asked for Johnny but they said there was no Johnny there.  I suspect he was already over at SSAH signing his contract and prepping for the news release.

I then asked the Manager what Johnny’s philosophy was on teaching free throws and he asked me to leave.  Tight lipped just like SD.

• Haha 7

It is funny I have been ripped for year son here saying that other coaches don't view IU job the way the fans do.  Now others are saying this because we might be getting turned down by some of the better coaches.  Also just because we get turned down in bit an indictment on IU either.  It is just different today for coaches where they might care about fit and happiness over moving up the ladder for the money.  Also I still think the fan base needs to look in the mirror and see we can be part of the equation.  This past week has shown how crazy this fan base is and they flip out over every little thing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Feathery said:

You think they are ready to go head to head against the coaches in the Big Ten and come out on top both on the court and in recruiting? Howard has the #1 recruiting class coming in and is in the Sweet 16 in year 1. Fife and Lewis can come in and be just as good? I do think Archie left a good young group of players to build from. Beilein gives instant credibility to the staff and helps ease one of them into the role. 

When Howard was hired Michigan faithful were less than excited, go look at their boards from back then.  It was UGLY. I do think Fife could, I also think Fife could fall flat on his face.  I mean yeah if they are ok working under Beilien then that’s a great idea.  Just not sure how you present that without it coming across as a slap in the face.  Especially to Fife who’s been a HC and has worked for someone probably better than Belien for several years.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It is funny I have been ripped for year son here saying that other coaches don't view IU job the way the fans do.  Now others are saying this because we might be getting turned down by some of the better coaches.  Also just because we get turned down in bit an indictment on IU either.  It is just different today for coaches where they might care about fit and happiness over moving up the ladder for the money.  Also I still think the fan base needs to look in the mirror and see we can be part of the equation.  This past week has shown how crazy this fan base is and they flip out over every little thing.

Saying you are getting 'ripped' is a bit melodramatic.  Some posters may disagree with you, but I've not seen anyone personally attack you.  Unless you're Jeff Goodman or Dan Dakich.  In that case, you deserve it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

This last sentence is me 😂. Its like if Dolson was deciding on dinner he apparently went all in on surf and turf but now has cravings for top ramen.

I have no idea who is genuinely being considered. 

D41D9339-C90D-4BE4-BE0D-F53F7A36BB96.png

I’m honestly more interested in the surf and turf at this point. I’ve promised myself to stay out of all the petty arguements over who the next coach will be. It will happen when it happens and no amount of speculating by myself will change who it is or speed it up. So what is Dolson having for dinner? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU247 said:

I bet news drops tomorrow or so

I hope it don’t because the coaches I am interested are still coaching. 
I like Musselman, Oats, Altman, 
even though Beard is eliminated, he would be a good hire too. 
If  we have someone already, that means it’s guys further down our list.

Edited by Bowhunter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Our fans are no different then most. We have fans that like to stand and cheer and we have the stick in the ass fan yelling at them to sit down. Every coach coming to a school like IU knows what they are getting into, thats why they make millions.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

That’s a lie.  They have talked to a ton of coaches and IU isn’t the brand it use to be.  Had all their eggs in one basket and that usually doesn’t work well, and it didnt

Ummm... nowhere in this statement do you claim it as your opinion. You state it like a fact.

I really believe you have information to share here that could be considered “insider information.” It’s beneath you to both deny something you said and then denigrate me because I called you out on it.

I can take your smartass name calling. But really, not becoming of someone who wants the respect of the board for bringing information others don’t have 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I mean IU basketball is exactly what Nebraska football is.  No different.  Now out of the two IU basketball would be the easier one to revive because of the recruiting grounds but still need a great coach.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Our fans are no different then most. We have fans that like to stand and cheer and we have the stick in the ass fan yelling at them to sit down. Every coach coming to a school like IU knows what they are getting into, thats why they make millions.

I would think having a stick in the ass would make those fans choose standing over sitting. 🤔

• Haha 6

At this point I kinda hope the board crashes again before there is so much animosity amongst us posters that we don’t survive the transition. I really love my fellow IU fans but this is bringing out the worst I’ve seen in most. I love you guys but let’s not let this process destroy all the friendships we’ve made. IU will play ball again this winter. Go IU!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4