Potential replacement coaches

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Some need to take a break for sure....lol

I learned a long time ago that if I value the relationship it is more important to be happy then to be right. I may KNOW Iโ€™m right but if I see it leading to a fight and we just arenโ€™t going to agree...Iโ€™ve just found that letting things go and not pursuing the disagreement has served me well in marriage and friendships. Once you open that box you often canโ€™t take back what been broken.

22 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I mean IU basketball is exactly what Nebraska football is. ย No different. ย Now out of the two IU basketball would be the easier one to revive because of the recruiting grounds but still need a great coach.

Couldnt have said it any better. I get the feeling we are going to be really disappointed with the new hire. I do believe itโ€™s a sleeping giant but unfortunately I donโ€™t think coaches view it as this. I think putting all of the eggs in the BS basket likely hurt us. And if we are getting turned down by Thad Matta...๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค”

Thank you for all the info you do bring to the board.ย 

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

Careful Steuben, 0708 might have to do his all-too-frequent โ€œwell Iโ€™m taking my ball and going home!โ€ pouting routine.ย 

Ignoring his posts saves a lot of headacheย 

Not necessary. You can ignore who you want. But let's ALL back off this infighting. Come on guys.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Agreed. ย Nebraska is just a brand but they donโ€™t put out much talent from their high school farm systems

I think a better football analogy would be comparing us to Florida St. or Miami...

But I get what you are saying and agree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Tennessee?ย  ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

It is sure as hell getting there...but the state of Tennessee doesn't produce FB players anywhere near like Florida does.ย  But yeah, the Vol brand is diminished.ย ย 

32 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Why is it when people donโ€™t hear what they want to hear you are a liar and donโ€™t know anything but if they are told something they want to hear they are all ears and want more more more.

Sorry if I missed it, but who called you a liar? Are you referring to me questioning you?

I've never questioned that you are relaying something you hear. But what I do question, not because of anything to do with you, is the statement that Dolson has no backup plan after Stevens. It's really hard to prove a negative, which is essentially the claim you're making, when you say there is no backup plan. Again, you may not know it, either because your source doesn't know it or hasn't told you, but that doesn't mean there's no backup plan. All you not knowing of a backup plan means is you don't know of a backup plan.ย ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Sorry if I missed it, but who called you a liar? Are you referring to me questioning you?

I've never questioned that you are relaying something you hear. But what I do question, not because of anything to do with you, is the statement that Dolson has no backup plan after Stevens. It's really hard to prove a negative, which is essentially the claim you're making, when you say there is no backup plan. Again, you may not know it, either because your source doesn't know it or hasn't told you, but that doesn't mean there's no backup plan. All you not knowing of a backup plan means is you don't know of a backup plan.ย ย 

ย 

Not you and I wasnโ€™t specifically called a liar, I better make sure I put that out there. ย Just saying when the positive vibes are coming everyone wants more, and when itโ€™s not what they want they canโ€™t handle it. ย I donโ€™t mind you or anyone questioning me. ย God and this board knows Iโ€™ve been wrong a ton my whole life.

Edited by IUwins0708
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Our fans are no different then most. We have fans that like to stand and cheer and we have the stick in the ass fan yelling at them to sit down. Every coach coming to a school like IU knows what they are getting into, thats why they make millions.

Fans of Ohio State were wishing death on players last week.ย  This "OMG the IU fans are the mostest terrible and no one would want to play for that" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

20 years of this and people are shocked that the fanbase is pissed.ย  Let Duke go through 20 years like this after Kryzewski gets fired and we can interview Bilas about how patient they should be.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

When Howard was hired Michigan faithful were less than excited, go look at their boards from back then. ย It was UGLY. I do think Fife could, I also think Fife could fall flat on his face. ย I mean yeah if they are ok working under Beilien then thatโ€™s a great idea. ย Just not sure how you present that without it coming across as a slap in the face. ย Especially to Fife whoโ€™s been a HC and has worked for someone probably better than Belien for several years.

You can count me in that group as well.ย  I wasn't necessarily down on Howard, but I felt like he had a lot to prove and I questioned whether Michigan was making a mistake hiring an unproven commodity.ย  No question, he has answered a lot of the questions and outperformed my expectations quite a bit.

Lewis and/or Fyffe would feel underwhelming to me on the surface...certainly a lot to prove, but after observing what Howard has accomplished thus far, I'm open to unproven.

Whoever is chosen will get the benefit of the doubt from me and my support.ย  I hate failure...and I hated seeing Archie fail.ย  I'll pull hard for whoever replaces him.ย  The IU job is not one for the faint of heart.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Your last paragraph is pretty spot on. It wasnโ€™t all on Dolson though. Several other members thought it was over. ย Obviously I wasnโ€™t in those meetings to know whoโ€™s โ€œfaultโ€ it was but they werenโ€™t ready for the answer they got

Sounds like one of the assistant ADโ€™s

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Fans of Obio State were wishing death on players last week.ย  This "OMG the IU fans are the mostest terrible and no one would want to play for that" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

20 years of this and people are shocked that the fanbase is pissed.ย  Let Duke go through 20 years like this after Kryzewski gets fired and we can interview Bilas about how patient they should be.

yes I read the tweets, unreal. I'm guessing someone lost a lot of cash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

0708 posted a couple hours ago that multiple coaches have said that IU is not the brand that they used to be, insinuating they have turned us down.

ย I asked him to quote or document that claim, and have heard nothing since.

Sure I am gonna be viewed as another guy who has pushed a valuable poster out the door. So be it. If someone makes that kind of statement, then they need to have something to back it up.

ย I agree with you. Lots of time to get our next head coachย 

Iโ€™m sorry to keep these going guys. But, thisย is one of the more ridiculous things Iโ€™ve seen someone post here lol. SHOW ME YOUR SOURCES WITH RECEIPTS OR ELSE! Dude literally get out. Please. This isnโ€™t a pole measuring contest. Puff your chest elsewhere

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2