Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I didn’t know if you were serious or joking from all the BS (not Brad Stevens) going on.

I can't speak for Max but since I agree with him in I'll anyways. I hope the search lasts longer because that probably means we're getting a good coach. One that had a great NCAAT run this year. 

Or an NBA coach... Lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to the original post, watching all these games these past 4 days has convinced me more than even last week that firing Archie had to be done regardless of who is hired for the next coach.  Our offensive execution has been embarrassing for the past four years.  Some of these teams make it look like we are playing a different sport.  

• Like 9

I’ve missed a lot of this thread.  Has there been any discussion about Dana Altman?  I feel like his name never gets thrown around, but he’s got a hell of a resume recently... 4 conference championships, 2 conference tournament championships, 5* tournament appearances, an Elite Eight, a Final Four, a Sweet 16, and another Sweet 16 in progress over the last 6 seasons.  That’s pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’ve missed a lot of this thread.  Has there been any discussion about Dana Altman?  I feel like his name never gets thrown around, but he’s got a hell of a resume recently... 4 conference championships, 2 conference tournament championships, 5* tournament appearances, an Elite Eight, a Final Four, a Sweet 16, and another Sweet 16 in progress over the last 6 seasons.  That’s pretty impressive.

The current rumor is that Altman is telling every Indy media member that he's interested. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Payroll is 2 high in Nike town

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.9f24f6f08d0388c95b302cc2bb6b2fa3.jpeg

Please stop with the IU fan base being a detriment to the attractiveness of the job.

Between that and Liddells situation sports are becoming even more ridiculous. 

And there’s no way that person would say that to Kofi’s face.  I’m 6-5 275 and I look like a chipmunk next to him.

Edited by IUwins0708
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BenZIU said:

Back to the original post, watching all these games these past 4 days has convinced me more than even last week that firing Archie had to be done regardless of who is hired for the next coach.  Our offensive execution has been embarrassing for the past four years.  Some of these teams make it look like we are playing a different sport.  

Also I have seen teams who have length and size on the perimeter is the teams saying well.  I don't see much of that on our roster and our size on the perimeter is lacking

20 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I think it's time to invoke the memories of Mile & CC.  Especially Mile considering ten people were killed today in a Boulder, Co King Sooper grocery store shooting.  Mile would be saying something about keeping perspective.

Oh man, just hearing about this. My nephew works in the shopping center where this happens. Luckily he's fine and so are his co-workers. Prayers to the victims! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4